PDA

View Full Version : Two questions

son77
29-08-2008, 06:02 PM
1) Mindee's mum going to pick LO up tue afternoon for MMR jab & planning on bringing straight back to me, is that ok?

2) A neighbour made a comment the other day that at their nursery they have a policy whereby any more than 2 runny/loose nappies & they are sent home incase they are coming down with a bug.

Anyone else have a policy anything like this?

I must say does sound quite appealing to me because I never know if its because of a bug or not, therefore the child ends up staying & I spend the day cleaning up sh*tty nappies.

kindredspirits
29-08-2008, 06:06 PM
hi, these are just my opinions but i'd say taking the baby back after the MMR is ok as it tends to take a few hours to sink in - find out if she's had any calpol etc and tell mum you'll have to call her at any signs of a temperature.
and as for the runny nappies - i personally wouldn't do it, my LO gets runny nappies every time he's teething.

anna x

cloud9
29-08-2008, 06:57 PM
i'd say its fine to come back after the jab but i'd give her an hour to check all is ok no reactions etc.
and the runny nappies i dont unless they are obviously unwell but my doctor says that anymore than 2 runny nappies classes as diaorrhea, and obviously there is meant to be a 24/48 hour exclusion for this.

hello kitty
29-08-2008, 07:03 PM
NB 72 hour exclusion in Norfolk for sickness and diarrhoea.

Julia
30-08-2008, 10:34 AM
NB 72 hour exclusion in Norfolk for sickness and diarrhoea.

Ive had children obviously ill, more than 2 runny nappies but strangly enough their parents never seem to be able to come to the phone or pick up messages on those days???

Youve got to watch for teething children, quite a few will come down with yucky nappies as a result.

And as for Exclusion of children for a set amount of time, you must be joking! around here they just hide the fact their child is ill and drop off as fast as possible before I realise! when I tell them to exclude the child if they are still ill tomorrow they always turn up with them, saying they were fine through the night.

Im hating my job right now