PDA

View Full Version : DHC 2 Text books?

funtoplay
29-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Hi,

I am starting my DHC unit 2 in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have a reading list/ list of recommended text books I can get beofre I start, other than the course book.

Thanks

Pipsqueak
29-08-2008, 03:24 PM
There is one called the Diploma in Homebased Childcare (Shelia Riddell Leech). Can't find my one anywhere.
Ask you ICP tutor if any ex-students want to sell theirs, check on Amazon and get a 2nd hand one to save some pennies. And you will get tons of info, help and guidance from us wonderful lot:D :D

ah found a link
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diploma-Home-based-Childcare-Childminders-Nannies/dp/0435402110

might be worth asking your library to get a copy in to borrow perhaps?

funtoplay
30-08-2008, 06:02 AM
Thanks I already have the course book "diploma in homebased child care" since I have already done unit 5. I was just wondering if anyone has used any extra text books. I like to get hold a few extra reads for my assignments.

Thanks again
Julia

mum22
30-08-2008, 06:48 AM
Hi Julia

I've just completed unit 2 and awaiting the result, but i used the course book that you have , however there is a bit about theorists and if you want top grades you need to have a bit of understanding about the theorists and their impact on children development.... so trail through your course book and have a read up on the ones in there and maybe do some google on them.

When do you start unit 2,

Im doing Unit 3 next.