PDA

View Full Version : URGENT Please sanity check a letter for me

Gherkin
29-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Need to give a parent notice today could you please sanity check the following for me and let me know if it is ok?

Dear X & X,

It is with much regret that I feel it necessary to give you four weeks notice to terminate our contract. I feel that X is not settling in my childminding setting and that it is unfair to her to keep the contract on going.

As you know on Wednesday 27th August I logged X’s temprement throughout the session. Of the 2 hours and 45 minutes that X was with me she was unhappy for of 1 hour and 40 minutes of it. I feel that it is not in her best interests to keep placing her with me as she is so unhappy.

The Opportunity Links website will be able to give you a list of the other childminders available to you in Peterborough of the other childcare options open to you. The website address is: www.opportunity-links.org.uk

I am very sorry that our arrangement did not suit X.

Kind regards,

mrsb
29-08-2008, 10:51 AM
I would say that's fine, you're telling them all about the childs interest etc :) Sorry you have to do it though :(

How long have you been minding the lil one?

also you have put an extra "of" here

with me she was unhappy for of 1

Hope you can sort it x

katickles
29-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Claire is this the baby that started at the begining of Aug?? If so is she not in a settling in period?

Pipsqueak
29-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Put the last date of childminding in as well

Gherkin
29-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Claire is this the baby that started at the begining of Aug?? If so is she not in a settling in period?

No stupid me did a 2 week settling period as she had some sessions with mum prior to the officical start.

Thanks for your help. Letter goes to dad tonight.

sarah707
29-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Claire... temperament... sorry can't help it! :cool:

Good letter, well written and clear... as Squeaky says you need to give dates for last session.

If child is really unhappy is it worth thinking about offering to end everything immediately with no prejudice - you don't need to pay me but please don't come back sort of arrangement...?

good luck! xx