PDA

View Full Version : ofsted and assistants

emmadines
28-08-2008, 11:17 PM
My other half is down as my assistant, just to cover him for when he is here and not at work.

I have just been told that as he is down as my assistant he would have to be presant for the inspection is that the case????

Chatterbox Childcare
29-08-2008, 05:38 AM
I do not believe that this is the case.

As long as Ofsted have processed him and you have the letter from them to say it is fine he will not need to be there.

My assistants have been with me for over 10 years and never been asked to be present. In the old days an inspector went to see them prior to approval but today the responsibility is on us.

Hope that helps

Paula J
29-08-2008, 07:23 AM
No it isn't necessary for them to be around when you have an inspection. I have two assistants registered and neither were there at any of my inspections but it is useful to have photos of them in your parents portfolio Paula:)

emmadines
29-08-2008, 05:54 PM
oh thats good then!! I told him today that I might have to fire him if that was the case.

Haha! and I dont think he was to pleased of the idea that his girlfriend (might as well be married) might have to fire him.:laughing:

he's only down as an assistant to allow him to help me if he's not at work and I get into a pickle.

miss mopple
29-08-2008, 06:05 PM
I just fired mine and he was delighted :laughing:

It isn't practical for him to do a paeds first aid course so I had to let him go as the only reason he was on my reg was so I could leave kids with him while I did school runs.