PDA

View Full Version : My First mindee!

Jemima77
28-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Hello
I am very chuffed as have my first LO starting on Tuesday (part time) and she is coming for 2 hours on Monday as a settling in session. Just would like some advice on what I should a) do with her on the monday session and b) what do i need to get ready for Tuesday i.e. activities etc... I am really nervous also that I will miss out some things for mum to sign on monday. Agggghhhh there is so much to think about xxxxx

angeldelight
28-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Congratulations you must be really excited

I would not worry about doing much to be honest

Let the little one find her way around and settle in first - let her get to know you

Find out what she likes to do I am sure she will lead the way and help direct you for the next time you have her

Relax and have fun and enjoy

Angel xxx

Saz
29-08-2008, 05:54 AM
Wow, how exciting. I hope you have fun on your first day!

balloon
29-08-2008, 06:03 AM
Congrats on your first mindee. :clapping:

I agree with Angel, let her find her way around and see what she naturally gravitates towards. I'm guessing a lot of it then depends on her age and what she likes to do.

I don't know if its any help to do but I made up a questionnaire for parents asking about any likes/dislikes/fears/phobias/routines/fave toys etc and it really helped when settling in their little one.

chels55
29-08-2008, 06:20 AM
what age is she?

miffy
29-08-2008, 06:30 AM
Just wanted to wish you good luck :)

Miffy xx

Jemima77
29-08-2008, 05:33 PM
thanks everyone. She is 18 mnths old. I just hope my little one gets on with her too and that there are no fights over toys etc.... :).
I ordered my double buggy yesterday and it arrived this morning with a broken wheel!!!!! great stuff!! aghhhhhhh and when I rang back and told him needed a new one asap he tried to sell me a triple buggy!!! xx

Cazz
29-08-2008, 10:43 PM
I don't know if its any help to do but I made up a questionnaire for parents asking about any likes/dislikes/fears/phobias/routines/fave toys etc and it really helped when settling in their little one.

I saw a good one on the Bromley website: www.bromleycma.org.uk (Individual Needs document) that you can use as a template.

Good luck with your new mindee :thumbsup:

Carole x

mandysmonkeys
31-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Good luck for Tuesday!!

DiverBabe
31-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Fantastic news- good luck!:clapping:

ChocolateChip
31-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Hope it goes well- well done! :clapping: :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare