PDA

View Full Version : Today has been surprisingly fantastic

miss mopple
28-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Had 3 mindees and my two today and as we are running out of steam the nearer the end of the hols comes I decided to go to what was advertised as a messy play session run by the local childrens centre.

There was a change of theme apparently and the subject was minibeasts.

We got there and there was a couple of crafts laid out and tbh I was a bit disappointed :(

BUT

then a lady with a box walked in, and it turns out the box was full of real minibeasts.

After conquering their initial uncertainty all the kids got well into the ladys talk and almost all of them held a snake, giant african land snails, stick insect,cockroach :eek: and a millipede. Oh, and there was a tarantula too but thankfully she staid in her box :clapping:

The kids had the best time. I think they enjoyed it more than any of the other days out we have had.

We went straight to asda to print out photos of them being so brave and they were all full of it when they went home :D

I love days like that :thumbsup: Makes me feel so proud of what I do when I see them so fired up :D

angeldelight
28-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Sounds like a lovely day

Great that you all had a great day

Love days like that myself

Angel xx

mum2two
28-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Cool! :clapping: I forget about all the planned days organised for us... Brain like a sieve - especially in the holidays!! :laughing:

Like you - running out of steam & ideas now. The kids are getting bored, and are more than ready to go back to school!

Roll on next Thurs...

x

tulip0803
28-08-2008, 09:05 PM
What a great day:)

Chatterbox Childcare
28-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Sounds like the kids had fun but tarantula - no thanks!

miss mopple
28-08-2008, 09:19 PM
There's been a few good things laid on this hol Kelly-and the best bit is that they are all free :clapping:

Will nag you to come along to the next ones ;)

Rubybubbles
28-08-2008, 09:23 PM
whoa sounds fab!!

miffy
28-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Pleased you all had a great time :)

Miffy xx

shopshelleyd
28-08-2008, 09:33 PM
We went to one of those and there was a snake there! I have a big pic of me on playroom wall holding it. :D

Have to say had some fab days this summer, picnics (usually in rain!) and days out in parks playing games, running about in wellies in mud etc all free and kids had great time (and me too!).

:jump for joy: :jump for joy:

emler
29-08-2008, 06:12 AM
Sounds fab