PDA

View Full Version : I am officially...

Ebs71
28-08-2008, 08:10 PM
sick to the back teeth with chasing my CRB!! Its 12 weeks now, endless calls, moaning and nagging at them, hearing the same old rubbish how there is no set time scale for the police to complete the checks blah blah blah. Ive had to go and get myself a job in the mean time as i cant afford to live on fresh air. Its bl**dy ridiculous :angry: The police were quick enough to ring me asking to pay to advertise myself and my buisness in their news letter :angry:

Sorry for the moan :blush:

LOOPYLISA
28-08-2008, 08:12 PM
12weeks omg:eek: , thats a joke!, good luck with it all x:thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
28-08-2008, 08:14 PM
ekkkk! not good

mum2two
28-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Mine took 18 weeks I think. I was calling them at least twice a week, (CRB offices - no ofsted), and in the end found the website & logged a complaint, as there is set time scales. I think it's a certain % within 8 weeks, but should be within 12.

I logged this complaint online, and had my CRB about 3 days later. Don't know if it was my moaning, or sheer coincidence... But i felt better :laughing:

xx

sarah707
28-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Poor you! No advice I'm afraid there isn't anything to do you're not doing.

Hope it's not much longer comes from the heart but sounds a bit trite I'm afraid. Sorry xx

ChocolateChip
28-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Just wanted to say hope it arrives really soon- all these bureaucrats don't seem to realise it's people's lives they are dealing with do they. :mad:

Jules27
28-08-2008, 08:49 PM
mine took 2 months.. not too bad.. my friends took 14 1/2 weeks. and hers went off before mine!! Theres no logic/order to the process. Just keep pestering them, may get fed up with you in the end... lol!!!!:laughing:

Saz
29-08-2008, 06:00 AM
I feel for you, I already had a crb before starting but needed one for hubby. If you look back on the crb posts you will see my moaning. In the end we wrote a letter of complaint (which we e-mailed). We then received any apology letter but the police have so many weeks from receipt of the crb check (stage 4) before the crb offices can put pressure on them. Even then we were told the only thing they would really do was to pass on the police contact details to you.

I found that chasing the police direct (ring main switchboard for your county and ask for dept that do crb checks) helped more. One police dept pulled out hubbys crb and did it there and then. The other said they had a massive backlog and wouldnt pull it out unless crb offices contacted them.

My original thread has more details on timescales. I really hope it gets sorted for you soon.

miffy
29-08-2008, 06:46 AM
Hope you get this sorted soon

Miffy xx

caralynd
29-08-2008, 07:11 AM
I has this with my partners crb, i eventually phoned ofsted and had the crb back in four days, it couldve been a coincidence but worth a try! Good luck:thumbsup:

mandysmonkeys
29-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Just joined the forum as in the process as registering as a childminder, I too am waiting for the crb to come back, it is at stage 4 and has been since 8th August, my hubbys came back last week and they were sent at the same time, I was really hoping to get registered by September oh well.

mandysmonkeys
31-08-2008, 08:34 AM
I am waiting for crb too, ofsted lady at pre-reg said they normally take 4 weeks, and my husbands came back after 2, mine not back yet been 4 weeks so far, I phoned up ofsted on Friday and they then said 6 - 12 weeks come on here and read the threads and notice there is no common time frame, so I have been expecting it every day for last 2 weeks now I should expect it by the end of September. :( they also said that they are waiting for a check to come back from social services ~ i didn't even know they had to check with the social services. On the up side crb gave me an online tracking number and ofsted said that they had chased both the crb and social services the previous day.

FizzysFriends
31-08-2008, 08:38 AM
I was told the social services check will take just as long as the CRB as they are very short staffed (may be just around here though).