PDA

View Full Version : HOW CAN I TELL HER?

LOOPYLISA
28-08-2008, 08:05 PM
As some of you are aware i look after my neice(free of charge)!, shes nearly 2 and i hve done this since she was 3mths, the problem i have at the mo is its usually 7.15ish she is droped off, this sometime changes, the main problem is the time shes picked up im told of this but it can be 3pm or 4.30, or 5-5.15, i can never really plan anything for the day, also i have nothing ready well ok a few policies, and lots of ideas but with her nearly 10 hrs a day im falling behind or will do, i don.t really want to be doing stuff at weekends or evenings thats hubbys/dd time with me, i love her to bits but i just feel im helping them out and they don.t realy aprechiate me , phew that was a mouthfull, any help about how i could go about telling her id like to cut hours a bit would be a help x :thumbsup:

Nicki L
28-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Oh lisa thats a tough one - family is a whole different ball game.

I think you are going to have to be honest - hard i know, really they should understand that you need time to yourself as well as time to plan for your business.

Hope you work it out hun

son77
28-08-2008, 08:11 PM
I too can only say be honest.

Explain you need some time to get your business off the ground & would appreciate a little help (early pick ups!) in return of the FREE childcare they get.

Rubybubbles
28-08-2008, 08:13 PM
tricky one

I know your not reg yet, but seems to me they are liking the free child care tbh:o tell them with you getting ready to start once your reg your going to need more time to sort things out maybe she could go to another childminder 2/3 days a week to get the little one ready for when you start, or are you having her for fee once reg? (saying that I guess you are doh!!)

LOOPYLISA
28-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks girlies, shes not the easiest person to try and talk to but your right be honest, i suppose i then start to feel guilty, why oh why do some of us work for family!:blush: x

Nicki L
28-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks girlies, shes not the easiest person to try and talk to but your right be honest, i suppose i then start to feel guilty, why oh why do some of us work for family!:blush: x

Because we feel obliged to! i have never been able to say no to my family whatever they ask me to do.

Good luck

LOOPYLISA
28-08-2008, 08:17 PM
tricky one

I know your not reg yet, but seems to me they are liking the free child care tbh:o tell them with you getting ready to start once your reg your going to need more time to sort things out maybe she could go to another childminder 2/3 days a week to get the little one ready for when you start, or are you having her for fee once reg? (saying that I guess you are doh!!)

No im more than likley going to charge them ill have too, hopefully they will be entitled to tax credits!

barbarella68
28-08-2008, 08:32 PM
I look after my nephew who is a year old soon (Friday 5th September) yay:clapping:
I have no problem whats so ever sister in law pays me on time every week,she says if I wasn't a Childminder she would have to pay a another Childminder so at least the money is going to help me out and not anyone else.And she feels relaxed when I have her son as she knows he is safe.
I think you must be truthful say it is hard work and even though you love the little girl very much the hours are too much and your child/children are suffering when you are registered tell them if they still want you to Childmind you must charge them even though it may be at a reduced rate (I don't I charge full price to my sister in law)because she is taking up income that you may well have we are limited for spaces.
And don't forget,if they got someone else to Childmind they would have to stick to contracted hours and not mess you about.I know it is hard but if you carry on you will feel resentful,and you never know they might not know that you feel this way and feel guilty.:)

LOOPYLISA
28-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Ah bless you thankyou x:thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
29-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Hi well i had a chat with her today explained that i have courses coming up(first aid and icp) and i MUST get the mountains of paperwork up together, she wasnt pleased i could tell and she just said thats fine my friend will have her one day and another friend will have her the other day, ive said i will do wed and thurs, i feel so guilty but i need to move on with my life and ill still be having her a couple of days a week and we will see them weekends if we pop in, its just very hard when its family x

flora
29-08-2008, 06:23 PM
well done for being strong and putting yourself first. that can't have been easy :thumbsup:

mum22
29-08-2008, 06:55 PM
well done, very brave I bet you feel like a weight has been lifted - are they going to pay when you are fully registered ?

son77
29-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Good on you for talking to her.

If you didnt it would of ended up eating you up, so well done. xx

LOOPYLISA
29-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Yes it feels better i can now concerntrate on ME and minding, i feel so guilty though x:(

Julia
30-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Hi well i had a chat with her today explained that i have courses coming up(first aid and icp) and i MUST get the mountains of paperwork up together, she wasnt pleased i could tell and she just said thats fine my friend will have her one day and another friend will have her the other day, ive said i will do wed and thurs, i feel so guilty but i need to move on with my life and ill still be having her a couple of days a week and we will see them weekends if we pop in, its just very hard when its family x

Well done you.

I think this person needs to understand what you are doing for them, probably saving her about £120 a week in fees! I hate people who take us for granted, I have my sisters godson 2 days a week, Ive had him since he was 7 Months old, she drops off early and picks up late all the time, she the only one that has moaned about my pay rise this year and she moans if he come home dirty,(yesterday he was rolling around on the grass yesterday having a wonderful time), she also had a dirty look on her face when I showed her a picture of the Olympic Medal ceremony we had yesterday and her son was the only one who wouldnt put his medal on and cried, she saw the picture and made a face.

I would never have friends or family again as my mindees.:panic:

LOOPYLISA
30-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Well done you.

I think this person needs to understand what you are doing for them, probably saving her about £120 a week in fees! I hate people who take us for granted, I have my sisters godson 2 days a week, Ive had him since he was 7 Months old, she drops off early and picks up late all the time, she the only one that has moaned about my pay rise this year and she moans if he come home dirty,(yesterday he was rolling around on the grass yesterday having a wonderful time), she also had a dirty look on her face when I showed her a picture of the Olympic Medal ceremony we had yesterday and her son was the only one who wouldnt put his medal on and cried, she saw the picture and made a face.

I would never have friends or family again as my mindees.:panic:

No! as much as i love her its so hard working for family never again (so she says!) x