PDA

View Full Version : Relocating to Ipswich

glove
28-08-2008, 07:54 PM
My husband has accepted a job in Ipswich which means we will be selling up and moving to Ipswich from Essex.

We are both very excited about the new start and we really like the town. However I am a little worried about informing the childrens parents about the move (I feel like I'm letting them down). I have been childminding for 2 1/2 years and one of the children I look after has been with me from the start. This is the parent that I will find hardest telling.:(

I have decided to continue the childminding after the move however I am also worried that I will find it harder filling my spaces. Living close to London at the moment I have been fully booked right from the start and often have to turn parents away.

Are there any childminders in or around Ipswich who can reassure me that this is not the case and that I am worrying over nothing. I tried calling the FIS in Ipswich to find out what the demand was like in the area and they didnt say very much.

Jules27
28-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Hi hun, I live in Stowmarket, about 20 mins from Ipswich. Can't help you with knowing what demand is like as obviously slightly diff area. But thought I would just say hello as won't be too far from you! What part of Ipswich are you looking at moving to? (I was actually born and grew up there, lol!!):laughing:

Rubybubbles
28-08-2008, 08:05 PM
I have just moved from Bedfordshire to lincolnshire and had the same worries as you!

I was luckly as forces and both families were on the move too so it didn't come to bad me moving!

I phoned the local area vacancy person who in such terms told me there was no need for any more childminders in the area:eek: ! I have been here 3 weeks on monday coming and have signed contracts with 2 families! so you just don't know! It was a very hard thing to do move, I was like you and turning people away, maybe phone the local area co-ord and see if they can help more than my local one did lol!!

all the best with the move btw:D

angeldelight
28-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Just wanted to say good luck with your move

Angel xx