View Full Version : Guests

10-01-2008, 10:36 PM

Just a quickie - Ive just had a call from an old friend who is having some problems at home and has asked if he can stay with me for a few days. What are the rules surrounding this?



Minnie Minx
10-01-2008, 10:48 PM
sorry i can't help but i would have thought that if he was staying in your house while you minded he would need a crb check. Angel and pauline will be able to help you more


10-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Hiya. I believe that if it's only for a few days you don't need to do anything other than let the parents know, although if you have a visitors book maybe get him to sign that.

I asked a similar question a while ago and if I remember rightly it's if they are going to stay with you for over 4 weeks or if they regularly stay with you (but what is regular? once a year is regular if it's every year ;) )they need to be CRB cleared. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

10-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Thats what I thought. Although it will only be until Sunday...I remember from my training the instructor saying that you cant CRB check every person you want to stay...but I dont know where the actual lie of the land is!!

10-01-2008, 11:04 PM
make sure you fill in the visitor book and they are not left on there own in a room with the children

10-01-2008, 11:11 PM
that's what i would have said too

10-01-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm sure you don't have to get a crb check for them.It would just be impractical to crb check all your visitors.I do agree about not leaving them alone in a room with your mindees but that is for your guests protection against any accusations ( I used to foster so am a bit paranoid about these things ).

Minnie Minx
10-01-2008, 11:16 PM
i think the best thing to do is to phone ofsted, at least then you'll know that what you've done is correct etc, i know they can be picky at the best of times :D


11-01-2008, 07:55 AM
It is a 'regular' visitor that needs a crb, but as Theresa says, there's no harm in ringing Ofsted - 08456 404040

Let us know what they say! :D

11-01-2008, 08:09 AM
I missed this sorry

Yes personally I would not bother if it is a one off and he has never done it before
Just make sure like everyone says you do not leave the children alone with him etc etc - common sense which I am sure you are already aware of

I would call Ofsted if you are worried or if it is a regular thing

Good luck let us know what happens

Angel xx

11-01-2008, 08:52 AM
Hi - Ive decided to tell him that he can stay, provided he is not in while Im working. That means I can have him over and not worry about Ofsted at the same time. (I think - as he'll have no contact with the children) God...I know why it has to be this way, but I sometimes wonder whos house this is - mine or Ofsteds!!!!


11-01-2008, 09:21 AM
It's not a house any more... and it's certainly not your home...

It's a 'setting' now :laughing:

11-01-2008, 05:42 PM
that's true! unfortunatly sometimes my hubby and kids think that too