PDA

View Full Version : Oh I am good!!!

Pipsqueak
28-08-2008, 04:49 PM
all the local minders are going to owe me BIG time,

a new soft play center has opened up in town and we went to have a nose today (only my children) and it is awesome (was really proud - my 3yr old managed to get to the top of the climbing wall about 40ft up and he is only the size of an 18month old and with no weight to him they had to attach a cord to get him back down!!! lol)

I digress - its blooming expensive you pay £5 a year for membership and then off peak its £6.00 for over 6yr olds/£7.50 peak, £5. for 1-5yr olds/6.50 peak, £2 for babies under 1 and £2 for an adult. Ok you can pick yourself up of the floor now. (cost us £19 to get in today)
The inside is great (apart from the karts where its £1 for 5 mins!!!:eek: ) , it has an outdoor bit with petting animals, climbing and adventure and go-karts.
You don't want to know how much the birthday party per head is.

Anyway I was asking the manager about discounts for minders - he hadn't even thought about it so I made him sit down and discuss it with me for 45 mins (which he was willing to do). He disappeared of and caught me on the way out and said he'd be ringing me with details of the deals/discounts and then I can spread the word if I think that what they have come up with is ok.
So hopefully they have come up with some good deals/discounts.

Oh I am good!!!:D :D

Monkey1
28-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Well done you! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: That is flippin expensive our local one does a minders monday. Instead of 4.50 a child it is 1.99!

miffy
28-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Hope he comes up with a good deal for you.

It's always worth asking for a discount especially new places where they want your business.

He might even give you some free tickets :)

Miffy xx

sarah707
28-08-2008, 05:02 PM
That sounds very expensive! I hope you get a deal :D

Paula J
28-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Well done it pays to be cheecky. Do you have a local Wacky Warehouse? Ours charges for each childminder rather thatn the children I take so I pay £3.50 for four kids to play and I get a cuppa is doesnt run in holidays but is it ideal when bigger ones are at school. There are two near me and both offer same deal Paula:)

cloud9
28-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Thats great i wish they would all consider doing that!

Pipsqueak
28-08-2008, 05:11 PM
No WW around here, the only soft play in our town is the one in the leisure center and children over the age of 8 can't go in, the nearest other one is 10miles away:o

ruby
28-08-2008, 05:24 PM
we have a soft play area by us well nearly about 6 miles we catch the train

it offer a discount childminders can use it for £1.00 for 1 1/2 hours under 4and £1.50 over 4 during term time

wish we had ww around here

cathy

angeldelight
28-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Hope you manage to get a good deal Pip and well done for speaking out about it

Angel xx

ChocolateChip
28-08-2008, 09:54 PM
We have two now, a small one that's been going for years, that's £3 per child,(fine if you're gonna stay all day, but an expensive morning out) and a huge one that opened before Christmas who charge £3.50+ £1 per extra child on toddler mornings, and £4.50 per child at normal times.
Needless to say I don't go very often.
We used to have a couple of pubs with them in, where it was free, great to meet friends for lunch or coffee, but they've taken them out now. :(

Tatia
29-08-2008, 07:37 AM
If ya don't ask, ya don't get get. Good for you, Pip. Hope you get a good deal!

kindredspirits
29-08-2008, 02:51 PM
ohhh, good idea! i think i will take george to ours when the schools go back and find out about discounts.

Lou
29-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Well done pip!!!

We have a fab one near us, normally charges £5.75 per child, but does a discount of £2.00 per child for childminders...great....but....

Tried to go in the holidays and they wouldnt let me pay the £2.00 per child for MY children, said they had to pay full price!!!!! so i have boycotted it ever since lol, im sure they dont care but im sorry thats not on!

Pipsqueak
29-08-2008, 03:17 PM
ohhh, good idea! i think i will take george to ours when the schools go back and find out about discounts.

Speak to the manager and make it sound like they will be losing out if they don't reel the childminders in. After all we take the kids - the kids then bug the parents to go....., also make it sound like you have lots of minding friends and you can spread the word - nothing like a childminders recommendation after all.

Go for it, you have nothing to loose - these sort of places cannot afford to alienate childminders.

Pipsqueak
29-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Well done pip!!!

We have a fab one near us, normally charges £5.75 per child, but does a discount of £2.00 per child for childminders...great....but....

Tried to go in the holidays and they wouldnt let me pay the £2.00 per child for MY children, said they had to pay full price!!!!! so i have boycotted it ever since lol, im sure they dont care but im sorry thats not on!

On some of the soft plays - the discounts don't run in holidays (:( ) but they run specific toddler/minding sessions but you do have to prove you are a reg'd minder.

Were you minding at the time when you tried to go in? Either way I would be contacting the manager and again explaining (very professionally) that you understand off/peak rates but they really cannot be affording to alienate the minders - word soon gets around don't they know!:D