View Full Version : After your thoughts

28-08-2008, 04:06 PM
At the moment I have a 9month old baby who is only with me until November. He started in August so its only for 3 months. He is with me Mon -Thurs 7.30 -5pm

Anyway, had a phone call today from a parent looking for care for her 18month old from October 20th Mon-Thur 8am-6pm.

Do you think I should accept this new one and end the other contract 2 weeks early? Seems a shame to have to turn this permanent mindee away for the sake of 2 weeks.

The mum cant change her start dates as shes meant to start back the week im on holiday in October as it is and can only change it by 1 week.

What would you do? Hubby wants me to end the temp contract early and start the new one but I feel a bit guilty about doing that. I know it makes business sence.

Help me to decide please, dont want to do the wrong thing as the temp contract may want me again next year and the new contract may not last as shes travelling 8 miles to get to me.

Ohh, sorry its a long one but im all in a dither

Chatterbox Childcare
28-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Are you not able to do both? If not, is there another minder who will work with you for the short time?

28-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Would you be able to get a variation for 2 weeks?

28-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Would you be able to get a variation for 2 weeks?

Ditto:D (spooky)

28-08-2008, 05:03 PM
I'd try for a variation - you never know

Miffy xx

Paula J
28-08-2008, 05:06 PM
I would see if you can get a variation for two weeks ring tomorrow and ask what your chances are. If not you have got to look long term so I think you will have to give notice to the little one who is leaving you anyway and sign the new mindee up asap You are giving her over two months notice so she will be able to sort it Paula:)

28-08-2008, 05:09 PM
I would try for a variation its only for 2 weeks, i'd e mail them its quicker

28-08-2008, 06:20 PM
In all my panic I forgot all about a variation. Will give the Care Commission a call in the morning and see what they say. Althought knowing them it will probably be a big fat no as I have asked before for a 10min lapover between handover and dropoff and got refused.

If not then i shall have to end the other temp contract early and feel guilty about it

Pudding Girl
28-08-2008, 06:27 PM
I doubt CC would allow it as it's for new business :rolleyes: so I would give notice to the other family but only when you have signed contracts with new family - don't feel bad, they are temp and leaving anyway and you need to think longterm for your business :)

28-08-2008, 07:48 PM
I know, thats what I was thinking as well.

I think I will wait a couple of weeks and see if she wants to sign contracts first and that still gives me time to service the 4 weeks notice on the temp mindee.

28-08-2008, 07:50 PM
was going to say varition! but looks like I'm late in saying lol

hope you work it out hun x

28-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Good luck hope you work something out

Angel xx