PDA

View Full Version : Two children left today - my first leavers

Mollymop
28-08-2008, 03:53 PM
A milestone for me - 2 sisters left me today. I have only had them since the beginning of June, so 3 months.

One is starting school in Sept and mum is giving up work.

Mum just gave me a box of chocs and a bottle of wine! How nice. Does everyone usually get pressies when the children leave? I was well surprised!!!

Pity I don't like wine though. But I like chocs. ha

I took lots of photos of my leavers, got them to make me some pictures to remember them by.

They told their mum that they wanted to come back tomorrow as well. Bless!

My first leavers! I didn't cry either.

Chatterbox Childcare
28-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Well done on the tears

I think it is always sad when they leave but we are just "borrowed"

Good luck on replacing them

Mollymop
28-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Well done on the tears

I think it is always sad when they leave but we are just "borrowed"

Good luck on replacing them

Already replaced :thumbsup:

sarah707
28-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Nice of them to give you a pressy... hope you got a reference as well! :D

cloud9
28-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Well done on the tears front my first mindee will leave me next sept and would have been with me for 3 1/2 years im gonna cry bucket loads!!!

sue m
28-08-2008, 05:14 PM
I thought they were sweet little things but I only saw them for a few hours the other day lol. Yes, always get a reference!!!!!! I always got cards and presents when mine left over the years, I'll show you them when you come down next. It's very upsetting when you've had them a long time and are very close to them but I'm still in touch with a lot of mine, they were babies when I had them and they are anything upto 20 now.

carolinel
28-08-2008, 05:40 PM
I sort of had a leaver today too! i'll still be doing before and after school on occasional days, and even then after school is only for 30 mins.

I took her to the park, then to mcdonalds (first time in the 2 years i've had her, and I got permission from Dad) then took her to woolies to choose a present.

Nice of your parents to get you a pressy - enjoy!!

hbomb1
28-08-2008, 07:34 PM
I had my first leaver today too. He had been with me since May. I didn't ask mum for a reference as it was me that terminated, should I have still asked for one?

I didn't cry either, it was just like any other day. He is two and didn't really understand though I think he will when he starts with his new CM next week. :(

Rubybubbles
28-08-2008, 07:46 PM
aww hun thats lovely!

I cried buckets a few weeks ago, I only had the children for 9 months, but I am a wet blanket and was very close to the whole family by the end:( boohoo you'll set me off again!

well done on filling already:thumbsup:

ChocolateChip
28-08-2008, 09:01 PM
It's nice that they appreciated you- and so must others as you've filled the spaces already, well done you! :clapping:

angeldelight
28-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Sounds like they had a great time with you Sandra so you should be proud of that nice of them to get you a present

Good luck with the new children

Angel xx

miffy
28-08-2008, 09:06 PM
It's lovely you got a pressie - at least you know you were appreciated

Best of luck with your new mindees

Miffy xx

merry
29-08-2008, 07:11 PM
I had one leave today after being with me full time for the last 8 years since he was 8 months old, they're moving away. It was so sad, I cried, he cried, Mum cried, plans were made for him to visit very soon, we exchanged a bagful of presents and she has written me a fantastic reference.

:)