PDA

View Full Version : Invoices for Parents

Saz
28-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi I am not sure if this is posted in the right section? But I have just done invoices for September (first time - children starting next week) and I am ready to e-mail them to the parents (as requested). Do I need to keep a hard copy of these invoices in the childrens files?

I havent had my NCMA pack yet so not really sure what I am supposed to be doing about accounts.

I've already had one payment hit my bank account so do I need to provide a receipt or can I just e-mail to say thanks payment received?

sarah707
28-08-2008, 02:00 PM
We all work in different ways...

Personally I don't keep a copy of the invoice, just a note in my accounts book of what I've charged, which ties up with my attendance register.

Instead of giving out paper receipts, I get parents to bring their invoice when paying and I write 'received with thanks' on that.

The most important is to work out a way of making it do-able every month :D

Chatterbox Childcare
28-08-2008, 04:07 PM
I do keep a hard copy as things change and I need to go back and look at what I have and haven't billed for. This happens a lot in the holidays.

Spangles
28-08-2008, 06:07 PM
I have an invoice file that I keep them all in, I don't have them copied onto the children's individual files.

I find it really useful to keep the copies to look back at but I don't suppose there's any real need for them.

angeldelight
28-08-2008, 09:44 PM
We all work in different ways...

Personally I don't keep a copy of the invoice, just a note in my accounts book of what I've charged, which ties up with my attendance register.

Instead of giving out paper receipts, I get parents to bring their invoice when paying and I write 'received with thanks' on that.

The most important is to work out a way of making it do-able every month :D

I work the same as Sarah

Angel xx

miffy
29-08-2008, 06:55 AM
I work the same as Sarah

Angel xx

Me too! :)

Miffy xx

cloud9
29-08-2008, 03:25 PM
All my parents have set amounts weekly/monthly so i dont invoice unless they are having a holiday which would affect the price but i just do a duplicate receipt for them to keep and 1 which i keep