PDA

View Full Version : why have I bothered?

emmadines
28-08-2008, 11:04 AM
to start minding? I recieved a letter from the ncma with regards to these eyfs workshops.

im in maidstone so asked for linton as its closer to me. but they send me a letter giving me the one in Dover. although im pleased i got onto a course but dover is at least an hour away. id have to leave here at 6.30 where my last mindee leaves at 6.00 ands thats if they are on time. i also wouldnt bw back till at least 10.30/11.00 depending if the course finished on time, theres no way I could get a babysitter and wouldnt expect them to have my kids for that long either!!!

so the next course isnt till aftrer christmas. well my ofsted inspection is gonna go well! not!:angry:

I dont think it would have been so bad if I had been minding for a year or so but i havent. (i prob sound like im over reacting dont i!?:( )

sarah707
28-08-2008, 11:13 AM
You sound like you're fed up!

Can you ring them and appeal to them... point out the geography and urgency maybe?

sue m
28-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Yeh Emma, that's ridiculous, I went on my ICP course in town where we live but Sandra had to go miles for hers. I had an email this morning that I've not had chance to look at yet and that could be the eyfs workshop, I'm not sure and it's in Harlow, Essex, one and a half hours drive from me. I'd better go and check what that email WAS about!!!

emmadines
28-08-2008, 11:31 AM
You sound like you're fed up!

Can you ring them and appeal to them... point out the geography and urgency maybe?

Ive tried, she said the Ive got to give my training organiser a call, but lo and behold she'd on dam sick leave (I know its not her falt but!!!)

Ive read and read these books and nothings sticking! I feel like im a really thick person at the mo. Im not from a child care background (other then my own) I dont know the definitions they want, hense i put myself down for this course. ncma have stated that we will get help and support? well Ive not seen any from them!!! yes I have a support minder but she's as clued up as anybody else!

sorry Im moaning again which Im sure your all rather fed up of me doing this all the time. Im not normally like this. now Im wondering weather it was a wise thing to choose minding.:(

ChocolateChip
28-08-2008, 08:53 PM
I hope you feel happier soon Emma :)
If it's any consolation I'm the same, can't seem to get anything to stick in my brain at the mo.
In our area they sent out info for the EYFS courses (a choice of 3 venues) so I booked the nearest one about 20 miles away, then a few weeks later they brought out another list with more dates on it- by then I had also booked loads of workshops and stuff so I couldn't be arsed to change it!:p
It does make you wonder sometimes, but chin up, we're all here to moan to! :laughing: :laughing:

angeldelight
28-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Sorry to hear that Emma

You are not a thiick person at all so dont think like that

You are just feeling fed up

Hope you are ok

Hugs to you

Angel xx