PDA

View Full Version : lost receipt

ziggy
28-08-2008, 10:37 AM
I bought 2 stairgates and a fire guard online from argos, it was delivered but no receipt given, I accidently deleted receipt sent by email. When I claim for this as setting up costs would tax man accept my bank statement as proof?

Sandra

cloud9
28-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Yes even if you dont have a receipt u should still put it into the accounts. My accountant said that it is then up to the tax man to prove that you didn't buy it

Rubybubbles
28-08-2008, 10:57 AM
if you have nothing esle then yes I would put the bank statement through

Alibali
28-08-2008, 01:03 PM
I queried tis with argos as it happened to me too, and they said that the address label on the packaging was the proof of purchase!! Guess where this was by the time I found out!

ziggy
28-08-2008, 01:32 PM
oh didnt realise that

does label have amount spent on it then?

just gotta hope my bank statement will be enough and make sure I print e-mail off immediately in future.
thanks for help
Sandra

christine e
28-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Had a group meeting with someone from tax office a couple of years ago and I remember him saying that if you lost a receipt just to put in through your books with a note explaining and it should be ok

Cx

Chatterbox Childcare
28-08-2008, 04:06 PM
As long as you can show you purchased it.i.e. bank statement, then Ibelieve you are okay and the tax office will accept this as long as it isn't a regular occurance.