PDA

View Full Version : would nannying be less paperwork?

izzy
27-08-2008, 10:09 PM
hi, my name is izzy, i joined a while ago but have only been on a couple of times. ihave enjoyed childminding for nearly nine years, but am thinking of moving to nannying -less paperwork! can anyone tell me if nannying and home childcare is the same thing? do i still have to do all the paperwork with being a nanny, it seems so daunting. i am going to have a look at the eyfs section to see if i can unscramble my poor brain! any input would be gratefully received. :) x x x

Pauline
28-08-2008, 06:21 AM
Hi Izzy,

I will move this to minding chat, you will get more answers there. (This section is for problems with the forum).

As to your question - I think the paperwork would be a lot less as a nanny/home carer. Don't know a great lot more about it, hope you get some answers.

:)

Blaze
28-08-2008, 07:24 AM
In a word yes! You don't have to comply with EYFS & your employed...if you don't have children of your own to care for during the day then it's something I would definately explore...however there are other downsides so i would recommend carefully weighing up the pros & cons after doing a bit of research.:)

angeldelight
28-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Might be less paperwork but not so much fun

Who wants to answer to a boss all day long ?

Much better being your own boss and working the hours that you want to work etc

Angel xxx

louise
28-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi, My cousin is a Nanny. We have had many a disussion over the differences. She has NO paperwork. She is working in another persons home and does have to answer to them help in house ect.

She doesn't like it when parents have a day off and she still has to work as she feels on show all day. She is doing two part timers at mo and has had a few problems with one set. Mainly with the grandparents. The last family were very easy going.

She has just gone on the voulantry reg and doesn't get inspected.
She has decided that when she has a child she will carry on being a Nanny as its a lot less hassle, well that and hubbie doesnt like the idea of loads of kids in house.

Both have pros and cons. I'd prefer to work in my own house then someone else.

littlegems
28-08-2008, 08:45 PM
hi
i used to be a nanny in school holidays when i wasnt teaching and then a few years ago when my youngest was a babe. its different but i wouldnt say easier. there is no paperwork you turn up do your job then leave no extra stuff when you get home so thats good. but you are kind of a hired help and because you're in their house i always felt a little on edge and watched i dont think i ever really relaxed.
there are pros -
no paperwork
decent money
they pay for everything outings etc
lots of work about which you go and find rather cm where its a little harder
but also cons -
not your house
you're not the boss
parents often have very high expectations (sometimes in a negative manner)
you have to travel to work rather than walking downstairs
kids have often had lots of nannies before

at the end of the day its a preference many nannies would never be cm and vice versa. if you know any nannies it may be worth asking them if you could join them for a day see what its all about.

xx