PDA

View Full Version : I don't care I am going to...

Mollymop
27-08-2008, 05:43 PM
... do my paperwork while I am working, damn it!

Today I just looked at my desk and tray and folders and mounts of rainforest and decided that I was going to do a bit of my SEF and obs and scrapbook sticking while the kids were watching Monsters Inc.

I would have felt guilty about doing it before, but I think from now on I am going to do it while they are playing, after all my desk is here in the lounge, where they are.

I am fed up with doing my p/work in the evenings and weekends when I should be spending time with hubby and my kids.

My evenings are precious - I start work at 7 and finish at 6 every day of the working week. I am in bed at 10pm:littleangel: so that I can get up at 6am.

I have to cook tea at 6pm, kids bathed at 7 and then story time and in the school term it will be homework and reading, etc.

I get only about 1 hour to myself every night and I am not going to be doing paperwork to keep ofsted happy when I could be chillin after a hard days/eveings/nights work.

What do you think?

kindredspirits
27-08-2008, 05:45 PM
hear hear!!!!!!!!! i'm going to try and do the same, otherwise we're working all hours for very little money, literally!! :clapping: :clapping:

Jules27
27-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Good on you!! Don't blame you. If the children are suitably and safely entertained I don't see why not!!!:clapping: :clapping:

Pipsqueak
27-08-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm just giving up minding and doing the admin lol:laughing:

Mollymop
27-08-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm just giving up minding and doing the admin lol:laughing:

I got an idea, give up minding and charge us £3 per hour to do all our paperwork!!

Chatterbox Childcare
27-08-2008, 05:55 PM
I wish I could manage this. I never seem to have the time.

Maybe I should come on here less!!

Chimps Childminding
27-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Have to admit I am seriously thinking about getting a laptop, so I can do a bit during the day. Our computer is in a separate study, so I can't use it whilst childminding. I was thinking of getting a laptop so that I could do obs and notes straight onto it whilst still watching the children rather than scribbling on a note pad and then try and decifer it in the evenings or week-end! That way I just have to print them out and add photos etc. :thumbsup:

Mollymop
27-08-2008, 05:58 PM
I find the time while they are freeplaying, but then, yes today I tried to do it cos they were all ingross in Monsters inc, but usually i can imagine it would be "sandra, will you do this with me..." Plus it would be difficult when I have the baby to look after in September, except when she naps that is

Pipsqueak
27-08-2008, 06:01 PM
I got an idea, give up minding and charge us £3 per hour to do all our paperwork!!

I have seriously considered going back to doing secretarial from home.
Fraid I would be charging a weeny bit more than £3 an hour:D

nannysue
27-08-2008, 06:02 PM
I often do a bit of paperwork in the lounge when the children are happily occupied. I'm close enough by if needed and i may be lucky to have a few hours for myself later!!! I wonder if Ofsted people do their paperwork in the evenings and weekends? :rolleyes:

Sue x

sue m
27-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Good for you Sandra! And I've just given a woman your number LOL She rung you yet? I've spent all day again today doing paperwork and as you know I've got the week off. I was really busy doing it and my daughter in law rang me and I ignored it! That's awful but I knew I was really into what I was doing and I'd be on the phone over an hour and I speak to her almost every day so I just ignored her!!! :( I only have my little ones from about 9 till about 3 but I still spend all evening and weekends doing the paperwork and re-doing stuff I've learned on the forum that I'd done wrong - or could do better.

Mollymop
27-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Good for you Sandra! And I've just given a woman your number LOL She rung you yet? I've spent all day again today doing paperwork and as you know I've got the week off. I was really busy doing it and my daughter in law rang me and I ignored it! That's awful but I knew I was really into what I was doing and I'd be on the phone over an hour and I speak to her almost every day so I just ignored her!!! :( I only have my little ones from about 9 till about 3 but I still spend all evening and weekends doing the paperwork and re-doing stuff I've learned on the forum that I'd done wrong - or could do better.

Oh, I did get an enquiry today but it was much earlier on, she wanted care for a before and after schooler but wrong school and end of town so I couldn't help.
Is that the one?
Thanks Sue for that, you are a diamond, what would I do with out ya?
You ignored T?? you naughty mumma!! haha

Alibali
27-08-2008, 06:08 PM
I,m fortunate in that all of mine sleep for 1 1/2 hours after lunch so I can get a bit done then, after I have cleaned up, written diaries, prepared the tea and grabbed some lunch myself!! OOps run out of time to do any:D

Trouble
27-08-2008, 06:20 PM
i will try and do the same but i dont know where to start:panic:

i would pay someone to do mine i am going to try to catch up today and tomorrow but i have to keep getting up:angry:

butterfly
27-08-2008, 06:47 PM
i think that's the only way i'm going to keep up!! i can see it piling up and up until i can't find my way to bed any more!!

ChocolateChip
27-08-2008, 08:13 PM
I was thinking about that earlier- wouldn't it be great to have a communal Person Friday who could spend a day at each of us in turn to do all the paperwork, accounts and other stuff that never gets done!
There's a business opportunity for someone!:laughing:

Monkey1
27-08-2008, 08:43 PM
At the end of the day you are only one person and there is only so many hours in the day. Once i am up to date (probably this time next year:D ) I will be doing the same! Bought my laptop and wireless router for that reason......but i just end up chatting you too lot!:D

Angela234
27-08-2008, 08:51 PM
I never seem to get the time to do anything like paperwork have a little one 23 months who seeks my attention the moment i stop doing anything. When they were outside playing riding trikes around i tried flicking through my "who minds " which had just arrived but lo kept climbing over me as i was sat down

Angela

Tatia
27-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Our computer is in the dining room/playroom so I can work (or trawl this forum:blush: ) whilst minding. Plus I have a laptop for the garden.:D

I'm a talented multi-tasker. Or procrastinator depending upon whom you ask.:laughing: