PDA

View Full Version : I have had enough

fishbones1
27-08-2008, 09:59 AM
I can stand it anymore, still have not had any enquiries. I know its only been 2 months since registered but still can't help feeling this is a waste of time.

I have adverts everywhere (apart from schools as they are off), done leaflet drop, in local newsletter and on websites. what more can I do.

I can't understand how childminders in the next village from me are full and I haven't had a single call. aaarrrrrgggggghhhhh.

So sorry rant over. Its just I was so looking forward to working as a childminder and no one wants me.:panic: :panic:

littlegems
27-08-2008, 10:05 AM
just keep going its all you can do and something will come up i was feeling like that. now i have had a few enquiries and children starting soon only part time but its something.
the only response i have had from my advertising is from my leaflet dropping through doors, i havent done businesses yet just houses but its worked. a little! i havent had any response from websites just leaflets.
do you have a health visitor as they sometimes help, local nct classes. may be worth a go.
hope things pick up for you.
xx

CCJD
27-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Dont get disheartened - child minding enquiries always seem to come in waves where we are here. I was due to loose two children this summer (one is now school age and others parents were being posted in the army to a new area) and come June I ws beginning to panic that I would have this huge drop in income and there were no enquiries about. Then come July I had four enquiries in a week and had to pick which ones to take (and that doesnt happen often!!) If all the neighbouring childminders are full then it should only be a matter of time before the overflow of enquiries come your way - I am sure they will.

mrsbumbles
27-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Hold in there, that call is just around the corner :)

I get lots of last minute calls around this tlme of year, when children are starting back at school.

You will be surprised how many people leave it to the last minute to find childcare for their children :eek:

People have rung me two days before school starts to provide childcare and are shocked when you turn round and tell them you dont have spaces available for their child.

sue m
27-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Ah bless! Of course someone wants you! - or they will eventually. Patience!!! lol :D I waited ages and it was only my friend Sandra up the road who gave someone my email address as they had asked her and she had no vacancies. Some places are having enquiries all the time, some not, it's just how it goes unfortunately. Have you thought of going to a local toddler group or childminding group and getting chatting to them? You never know.

angeldelight
27-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Oh I am so sorry that you have had no calls yet

I know its ok us all saying be patient it does not really help you does or make you feel much better ?

Sounds like you are doing everything right though

What about your local college ? Lots of parents start college in the next few mths and need minders

Do you know any other minders who could pass your name on if they are full ?

Please dont give up I am sure the calls will come soon

Heaps of good luck

Angel xx

weeteeny
27-08-2008, 10:37 AM
:) hi there,

PLEASE dont give up yet!!!
i know its hard but you have to be patient.
advertise everywhere!! i even have one of my postcards up in the back of my car!! local shops, doctors surgeries, supermarkets...
i registered in November and had my first couple of mindees from jan to march then nothing from then until yesterday.
i'm a gemini which means i have no patience at ALL!!!
hang in there-it will get better:thumbsup:

manjay
27-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Hold in there, that call is just around the corner :)

I get lots of last minute calls around this tlme of year, when children are starting back at school.

You will be surprised how many people leave it to the last minute to find childcare for their children :eek:

People have rung me two days before school starts to provide childcare and are shocked when you turn round and tell them you dont have spaces available for their child.

You are so right. I have just had a call while reading this thread to ask for after school care starting next week:rolleyes: It can sometimes take a while for things to get going. It's just the luck of the draw I guess. I registered in November last year and I am full from next week. All my enquiries are from word of mouth so that's what I would recommend

Hope you get something soon

Mollymop
27-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Please don't give up just yet! Like you noted, you have only been registered for 2 months and even though that seems a long time to you, it really isn't that long. I have a friend who registered a few years back in the September and didnt get her first child until the April. Some people like myself, have been lucky to get children straight away but it can take time.
Have you got a development officer you can call and tell her your worries, she should be able to help.

Jules27
27-08-2008, 09:32 PM
I know it can get really dis heartening hun, but that phone WILL ring eventually. are you a member of a childminding group? I started going to mine before reg caame through so now I have got to know other minders and they have my number.. haven't had any calls from that yet but sure I will at some point. Have you advertised on Gum tree website? thats where my temp mindee has just come from. Once schools and pre schools are back i will be doing the rounds with my adverts. Hang in there... you will prob get 2 or 3 equiries in one week!! xxx:)

brillminder
27-08-2008, 09:34 PM
sending some (( call me )) vibes if we all do this some phone will ring x

Paula J
27-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Just keep smiling it took me four months to get my first two another two months for two more eight years down line got 15 kids (four are leaving) but got a baby waiting when people see y:) ou with half the nursery they approach you. Keep advertising I got both my first parents this way put an advert in your car and ask pre-school and nursery to let you put up a post card you will get the kids it just takes time felt like giving up loads at first so glad I stuck with it X Paula

Chatterbox Childcare
27-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Chin up and don't get too low.

If the next village are full there will be spaces and parents will look around.

Are you advertising with the Children's Information Service and if so, are they details correct and on the website

There must be a reason why you are not getting calls.

I would dig deeper and deeper

Good luck

balloon
28-08-2008, 06:09 AM
You've probably already thought of it but have you advertised in the neighbouring villages too?

Perhaps you could change your ads, make them brighter, more info/less info, more eyecatching etc
Somebody suggested getting T shirts printed a while back, that seemed a good idea to me.

Has you local CIS got a website that you can advertise on?

Pop a notice in the car perhaps?

Borrow a friend/neighbours child and go to toddlers perhaps?

fishbones1
28-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Thanks all, you've made me feel better that most of you had to wait a while beofre filling places.

I'll just have to be patient. and keep advertising

Bevbeetle
28-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Have you tried to phone the other minders to ask to pass your number on if they get any enquires to give your number :) :)
hope you get some soon:littleangel: