PDA

View Full Version : breakfast

disney
27-08-2008, 07:39 AM
just wanted to ask what your ideas on this please ! i dont provide food at all so far all parents are ok with this and provide them with a paccked lunch , but i have just started with a new one and i was very clear that i dont do food and mum was fine with this and gives him a daily pack up . but on a few times as asked me to do him his breakfast now as i felt the poor boy may go hungry i did it but he has never eaten it anyway .my problem is she asked today if i could do his breakfast every day from now on as he does not normally wake up till 8 and she said shes having to wake him up to get hear for 7-30 and their is no time and its to early for him to eat . but i feed him at 8 and he doesnt eat it any way :( the problem is i have said i am not registered as a food business i have phoned them and told them i do not provide food .and when i do give him breakfast on a few times all the other mindees start moaning :eek: any ideas as we are having a meeting next week x

Chatterbox Childcare
27-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Can't mum provide a packet of cereal to you with milk each week?

Debbie

disney
27-08-2008, 11:52 AM
didnt want to sound funny over something as little as this but didnt want to start doing it for one and then they will all want it ifucwim:) thank you debbie that is a gud idea asking mum to bring some thing in , but i still might have a small prob as i dont think he will eat it when he will see the other mindees playing . but will give it a go x

Mollymop
27-08-2008, 12:03 PM
COuld you feed him in the kitchen while the others are playing out of the way so they can't see him eating it. Make sure you tell the mum that he is not even eating his breakfast.
Tell her that he is not eating his breakfast with you either, and you are not a food premises so therefore you won't be giving him breakfast, if she says he doesn't want to eat it for her because it's too early tell her that he doesn't eat it for you either. Why should you have to worry about it?

Alibali
27-08-2008, 06:38 PM
I don't have time in the morning to do breakfast for the los, so I do snack around 10. My kids always had breakfast before I went to work and I started at 7.30am, she'll just need to get him up earlier!

angeldelight
28-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Did you decide what you are going to do ?

Angel xx

disney
28-08-2008, 10:30 AM
mum gave me some cereal this morning so i feed him , he did eat it :) but im afraid i dont have the a seperate room to feeed him in (my kitchen is tiny no table my play room doubles up as a dinning room so had to feed while others were playing it was hard work they all moaned and it was diifficult as i had to keep leaving him to answer the door :( its very busy from 7 - 830 with parents dropping of x