PDA

View Full Version : New Mindee Maybe!

barbarella68
26-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Hi,
I have a 18 year old girl who has a 3 month old baby who is going back to
6th form to do A levels.She wants me to have him from 8-15.15 mon-fri,does any one know will she get help with childcare because she is in full time education?

Chatterbox Childcare
26-08-2008, 08:38 PM
I am unsure of this. There are different grants all over the place. Tax credits cover people with care who are working 16 hours per week.

Let us know how you go.

Debbie

littlegems
26-08-2008, 08:38 PM
she should do as presumably she wont be earning anything, and shes in full time education she needs to phone tax credit people, she can give them a 'what if' situation and they will tell her how much she'll get towards paying childcare.
xx

littlegems
26-08-2008, 08:40 PM
i have just crossed over thoughts with debbie! i was typing at same time obviously. i know about that 16hours thing, but surely if you're not earning anything going in to full time education basically trying to move on and up you should get help, sounds logically! but then again!
xx

barbarella68
26-08-2008, 08:54 PM
ok Thanks for your help when she comes to see me tomorrow I can let her know about Tax credits.:)

angeldelight
26-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Good luck let us know how it goes

Angel xx

louised
26-08-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm pretty sure she will get some kind of help from the government for being in full time education. In my area students get their childcare fees paid by an organisation called 'care to learn'. I would advise you to charge a higher fee if she confirms that her childcare is paid for by the government as it's not coming out of her pocket.