PDA

View Full Version : ICP

Sarpix
26-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks Butterfly for your reply to my last post.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check, I am booked in to do my ICP course in November. Thanks to butterfly I now know what ICP stands for so realised I have booked myself on the course.

I am still awaiting my Crb but do I need to have completed my ICP an recieved the certificate for that before I can start minding? Please say NO!!!!

I chased up my crb today as it is coming up to 8 weeks. They asssured me that if I ring back Friday they will chase it up and that it shouldn't take much longer at all. I was feeling very excited as was thinking that once I get that I can start minding....Please don't tell me that I will have to then hold on until my ICP is completed and that certificate recieved!!!! :panic: :panic: :angry:

Its so frustrating...Sorry to moan ladies.

Sarah xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
26-08-2008, 08:10 PM
You can start without you ICP - that has to be completed within 6 months of registration, along with your first aid.

Good luck

Debbie

Annie_T
27-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Thanks Butterfly for your reply to my last post.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check, I am booked in to do my ICP course in November. Thanks to butterfly I now know what ICP stands for so realised I have booked myself on the course. thats good then hun well done

I am still awaiting my Crb but do I need to have completed my ICP an recieved the certificate for that before I can start minding? Please say NO!!!!
you will be given all forms you need to reg as a cm at briefing session or on icp course .. as of sept you can not get reg without a valid first aid cert, crb check.

I chased up my crb today as it is coming up to 8 weeks. They asssured me that if I ring back Friday they will chase it up and that it shouldn't take much longer at all. I was feeling very excited as was thinking that once I get that I can start minding....Please don't tell me that I will have to then hold on until my ICP is completed and that certificate recieved!!!! :panic: :panic: :angry:

Its so frustrating...Sorry to moan ladies.

Sarah xxx

i dont know if you need complete your icp before you can reg but i do know as of sept you need complete first aid and have crb done, but you will need your application forms form breifing session or icp course (you may already have them)

hope this helps hun

Sarpix
28-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks ladies. You have helped to ease my mind!!!
Roll on my crb x

BrookeK
21-10-2008, 08:26 PM
how much does the course cost?

Pedagog
22-10-2008, 08:16 AM
how much does the course cost?

Mine was free as part of my start up grant.

LOOPYLISA
22-10-2008, 08:50 AM
I know you need to have completed your first aid before you can mind, this came in sept, as for your icp not too sure sorry x

Kal
22-10-2008, 08:35 PM
I have just started the ICP (first one today) we have been told we cannot register till course is finished. We are given forms on last session. You cannot start to mind until you have your registration, unless you are minding a relative.

Kal

kez
23-10-2008, 12:02 PM
we have been told you can complete the dhc or icp within 6 months of registration but it may be changed in a few months, to doing it before being registered, but you have to know after september do your first aid before you register x xx

Buzz Lightyear
23-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Err, what's an ICP?? Sorry, still kind of new to all of this :(

singlewiththree
23-10-2008, 06:43 PM
ICP is the childminding course - Introduction to Childminding Practice or much to that effect.

It is compulsary and has to be done within 6mths of registering once you have your pediatric first aid.

Paula W

Buzz Lightyear
23-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Thanks Paula. Definitely not done that as the paediatric first aid is next for me and I'm not fully registered yet. I'm sure it'll get mentioned further down the line once I'm at that stage.

singlewiththree
24-10-2008, 06:49 AM
It might be worth you ringing your local childrens information service to book yourself on it as around here it gets booked up really quickly and they are already fully booked for the Feb09 course and that would delay your registration so it depends on how quickly you want to be registrered.

I'm just finishing the first aid tomorrow and I only have 2wks of ICP left and I've just sent off my ofsted application and got my GP to do the health declaration book :)

Paula

Buzz Lightyear
24-10-2008, 09:08 AM
I've just had a look at my documents and they mention nothing about ICP? I might just drop them a line and ask. They're either going to say yes no problem or ask what on earth I am on about! :rolleyes:

sskent08
24-10-2008, 04:00 PM
hello

it used to be called ICP it is now called DHC-1 = first unit of the Diploma in Home-based Childcare (DHC)

I got booked on mine through the local CIS

x

Buzz Lightyear
24-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Ahhh, now that I know of. It's my next stage after Business Management. Find out about dates tomorrow once the Business side complete. We don't have to book that additionally, it's all part of the syllabus.

Thanks for the info :)