PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound 'do-able'?

button68
10-01-2008, 07:22 PM
I have my Reg. Certificate and I'm getting NCMA Membership, Insurance and Tool Kit for free through the Sure Start Start-Up scheme. Feel like telling Sure Start to stick it where the Sun Don't Shine at the moment :cool: but it is worth £140 !!!

I phoned NCMA told them I had certificate, have completed their form, and completed the grant forms with Sure Start - when will I get my stuff? They said it will take a few weeks to process but if my Development Worker e-mails to say I have completed the grant forms and it is being processed them they will issue me with a cover note that will last 28 days - by which everything should have been processed.

Bottom line is I have 2 mindee's waiting.

I have a friend who is willing to loan me 2 NCMA contacts (I'll pay them back when I get my tool kit).

So if I have Certificate, Insurance and NCMA contacts is there any reason I can't start? Surely the fact that I won't have the 'official' NCMA Register, Medication/Accident Book etc. won't matter as long as I 'do' have a register of Name Date time in/out etc. and I 'do' have a record of accidents/medication given.

I understood it is a requirement that I have a register and noted all medication/accidents etc but does it HAVE to be NCMA's.

Sorry this is long winded and rambling - but by development worker is REALLY getting on my pip now :angry:

Lou
10-01-2008, 07:23 PM
No it doesnt "HAVE" to be from NCMA.

Not all childminders use NCMA stuff.

mrsbumbles
10-01-2008, 07:27 PM
I dont ncma stuff, as long as you have the correct forms to fill out and cover yourself, there is no reason you cant start now.

Spangles
10-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Agree with Lou.

I think lots of people use their own forms that they type on computer, I do as well.

sarah707
10-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Use the contracts (you have to if you're insured with NCMA)... make careful notes of everything else to put on the other forms when you get them... can your friend loan you some to photocopy so you know the layout?

Then... get working! :D

miffy
10-01-2008, 07:58 PM
I use the NCMA contracts but all other paperwork I've done myself on the computer.

You don't have to use NCMA stuff but you do have to show you can meet the National Standards

Miffy xx

jo f
10-01-2008, 08:01 PM
It will depend on when you have arranged for your insurance to start, you need your insurance certificate. There will be no prob in borrowing ncma contracts, hope you get sorted soon!

Tily Bud
10-01-2008, 08:10 PM
I agree with what everyone else says, use the contracts and make the rest yourself or keep notes and transfer it onto the ncma stuff when it comes x

deeb66
10-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Like Miffy (and others)....I use NCMA contracts but make up my own stuff for all the rest.

button68
10-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Use the contracts (you have to if you're insured with NCMA)... make careful notes of everything else to put on the other forms when you get them... can your friend loan you some to photocopy so you know the layout?

Then... get working! :D

My friend who has been a Childminder for 15+ years is an NCMA Member and gets her insurance and contracts from them but everything else she does herself - she simply uses an A4 size Dest Diary to note Mindee's in/out each day and her activities with them each day.

It is this Development Worker -she seems to be looking for obsticals for me! I saw her to return grant forms and told her I had spoken to NCMA and they would issue a cover note if she would just e-mail them. Told her I could 'borrow' contracts. She said OK fine.

I go out and come back to a message on answer machine saying her Boss says I mustn't start minding until I have the Tool Kit:huh:

Is she mad!! :angry: Feel like I'm in some bad farce :panic:

button68
10-01-2008, 08:33 PM
It will depend on when you have arranged for your insurance to start, you need your insurance certificate. There will be no prob in borrowing ncma contracts, hope you get sorted soon!

On my form I have asked my cover note to run from 22nd January. I would never dream of starting without that cover note :panic:

button68
11-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Phoned my Development Worker said "look I know I have to use NCMA contacts because I have their insurance" - to which she answered "Really! Gosh! You know more than me. I never knew that." :angry: :angry: :angry:

Anywho, I've told her I'm borrowing contracts and I'll keep scruplious (sp! - but it's a good word ;) ) notes to transfer to the tool kit when I get.

Got a feeling she doesn't really like me now :(

sarah707
11-01-2008, 09:31 AM
We like you button... and there's more of us! :D

Blaze
11-01-2008, 09:43 AM
We like you button... and there's more of us! :D

LOL! & we know more!
Tasha:laughing:

angeldelight
11-01-2008, 10:08 AM
So............

After all that brilliant advice

When are you going to start having the 2 children ?

Good luck

Angel xx

ajs
11-01-2008, 10:59 AM
you tell her
and sarah's right there are far more of us and we're on your side
so there