PDA

View Full Version : Settling in session

MissTinkerbell
26-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Well my 1st mindee came for her 1st settling in session with mum. All went well and they stayed for about an hour. We played with the puppets and the animals. Things got a bit iffy when she picked up DD2's most favourite toy but DS stepped in and gently took it off mindee and gave it to DD2 so tears averted.

DD1 was a right pain and was so desperate to be centre of attention that she really showed off. Had to send her to her room in the end - I was mortified:mad: I'm hoping that once the other 2 mindees are here (aged 9 and 10) she'll be better.

She's comin again for the 2nd session on Thursday morning for an hour by herself. We're going to decorate fish. DD1 should be better as they'll be no other adults to be her audience.

sarah707
26-08-2008, 07:00 PM
My ds used to be a bit like that... now he just second guesses me in front of parents :rolleyes:

Sounds like you had a good time with the little one... hope the others settle as quickly :D

Chatterbox Childcare
26-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Hope they settle quickly.

Debbie

tulip0803
26-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Sounds like it went well.

Our own children are wonderful at times. I got OFSTED inspected during a half term and DD1 who was 5 at the time kept butting in and answering the inspectors questions:rolleyes:

But it worked in my favour when she asked about fire drills and DD1 repeated the whole drill down to ringing 999 and giving address and location on the road:clapping:

LisaH
26-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Glad it went well for you. Typical of our own kids to make it harder work than it should be!!! lol :)