PDA

View Full Version : How to link a 1 yr olds new words to EYFS

cher25
26-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Hi all, my 1 year old mindee said my name for the 1st time on friday. I was messing about while feeding him and he clenched his fists, his face went bright red and he somehow managed to force himself to say Cher, he did it a few times with and without me encouraging him. I was so pleased with him. :)
Is that the kind of thing i should make notes about and link into EYFS? I've got a week off now and only just really looking into everything.
If it is how do i go about it?
I hope i don't sound too daft!lol.

Cher.

butterfly
26-08-2008, 02:50 PM
what i do is look up the relevant learning area in the eyfs and find a statement which it links to in the correct age/stage. so for instance yours would be in communication for language and literacy and in the 16mth+ stage it says 'utters one or two words to convey meaning' - i would link your observation to this.

sarah707
26-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Those are exactly the wow moments we should be looking for...

I bet you were chuffed as well! :D

cher25
26-08-2008, 03:18 PM
The child has only just turned 1. The words he says so far is only ma and da. The rest is just babble. I was over the moon with him saying my name and it was clear he wasn't finding it easy. It really made my day.

Thanks butterfly ill look into that now and make a note of it. I wasn't sure before if that was an observation, so now i know it is i think its fairly easy to get the hang of. It's just the writing it down that will confuse me.

Cher

angeldelight
26-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Sounds like you have a good idea of what you are doing though

Bless the little one bet his mom was happy too

Angel xx

LOOPYLISA
26-08-2008, 05:14 PM
The child has only just turned 1. The words he says so far is only ma and da. The rest is just babble. I was over the moon with him saying my name and it was clear he wasn't finding it easy. It really made my day.

Thanks butterfly ill look into that now and make a note of it. I wasn't sure before if that was an observation, so now i know it is i think its fairly easy to get the hang of. It's just the writing it down that will confuse me.

Cher

Well done you, my neice is nearly 2 and just babbles ! x