PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please

mrs lilly
26-08-2008, 11:04 AM
I am wondering how to proceed with this and was after your point of view please. I saw a new parent last Wednesday and she signed a contract with me for her LO to start at beginning of October.

She took away the child record forms as child was getting agy and said she would send them back - I also gave her my bank details as she didn't have her check book on her for the deposit. She said she would do a bank transfer so all as well. She said she would drop forms in on Saturday and nothing, then again yesterday and again nothing. I rang her mobile and left voicemail asking for my paperwork back - didn't mention money and sent her email as well. No response to either.

She was a nice girl but came across as a bit scatty - so what do I do now. How long should i leave it before chasing her up again?? I don't want to come across as desperate but this is my last vacancy and would suit me very well I just want to know here I stand frankly.

Pipsqueak
26-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Do you have her address? If you do I would write a short letter - just asking that as you haven't heard from her you are just requiring confirmation one way or another regarding the placement and saying that if you haven't heard back from her by xxx date then you will assume that the place isn't required.

Did she actually sign the contract (and you have your copy)? If she has signed that contract then I would gently remind her that you require the deposit to be paid by xx date.

I have a "scatty" parent - who hates all the paperwork and I constantly have to chase her up about it all.

Offer this parent another appointment to fill in the rest of the paperwork.

katickles
26-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Maybe she is having difficulty getting the money for the deposit together & is embarrased?

I agree with pipsqueak, just write her a brief letter giving dates you need deposits by.

Hope it all works out for you?

mrs lilly
26-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks.

yes eh has signed and its just occurred to me it states I have a 300 quid deposit as part of it which I dont as yet!! I really didn't get the vibe I was being messed around when she was here so i so hope I am not about to get bitten on the bum!!

claireLouise
26-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Hiya,

Just to let you know that I am experiencing similar problems with both my 2 new parents. I hope you get things sorted.

Welcome to the world of childminding.

Claire:(

angeldelight
26-08-2008, 07:09 PM
I would give her a call and ask her

Hope you get it sorted

Good luck

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
26-08-2008, 07:30 PM
I had this last week with a parent and because of the silence I understood that maybe she didn't want me. I called and emailed her and found that her husband had a bad bike accident and therefore her mind was somewhere else.

We talked it over and it is sorted.

You could phone, email or just call around and see her if you have the address.

Debbie