PDA

View Full Version : URGENT HELP NEEDED RE VARIATION PLEASE!!

butterfly
26-08-2008, 09:52 AM
I was wondering if anyone could help me!! I'm applying for a variation so that I can have two babies under one (one is mine). One will be 9 mths and one will be 10mths. I need the variation to start in two weeks and applied ages a go but they've just phoned to say they need more information!!

they want risk assessments and info regarding what i would do with one baby if i was changing the other etc!! i wondered if anyone had any of this to hand to save me started from scratch and missing something important in the rush!!! I would be soooo grateful!

Regarding nappy changing - where do you do this? i've been bring the mats into the lounge and putting them on the rug but is this hygeinic? i was thinking of doing it in the downstairs toilet but the floor is laminated so would be quite hard and also i was thinking of putting the other baby in the playpen whilst i changed the other one and then they wouldn't be able to see me.

samd35
26-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Hi

I had a variation granted so that I could look after 2 under 1 , only for 6 weeks.
They asked me to write to them explaining what I would do in a typical day with them, how I would be able to look after 2 under 1 meeting the national standards. I'll see if I have my variation letter and send you a copy. It was only a basic detail but it worked. Also you could contact support and inspection team , read to them what you have written so far and they will guide you. Give me 15 mins and I'll see if I can find my letter.
Send me you email address.

Sam xx

Bushpig
26-08-2008, 10:21 AM
I am afraid I cannot help you with all you need, but one thing re changing mats...

I change my little ones on a changing mat on the floor in the lounge, and wipe it (mat) after each use, with a good disinfect in the bath at sleepytime etc. and the inspector saw me do this and was fine with it. For babies I am hesitant to do it on a table, unless it's a proper changing table with barriers (which I do not have), as they roll so easily. I personally think the floor is fine. And if you are in the lounge, you can keep watch of your other little one too.

My 2 youngest are 10 months and a new 1... and I have to carry them both around from room to room, but otherwise all is fine. I put down children's blankets on the floor when I have these two too, for dribbles and mess (Carpets are cream!).

For your risk assessment you need to show them your home is baby proof. You will also need to let them know how you'd feed them both... highchair/booster seat. They just want to know how you will practically cope from day to day with them both.

butterfly
26-08-2008, 01:09 PM
thank you for your help! does anyone have a letter to hand which i could use as a starting point?

samd35
26-08-2008, 06:31 PM
I can email you what I used it may help

x