PDA

View Full Version : FEELING GUTTED!!

Mags
26-08-2008, 07:35 AM
What a start to the week.....i have just been given a months notice from one of my full timers. I feel really gutted as i have had her for the last 18 months and now parents have decided that she is ready to attend nursery...they have also stated that the fees are much cheaper due to the nursery being council run.

Looking on the bright side i have a month to fill her place.....but can't help feeling deflated, i have worked so hard meeting the needs of this child and her family just for this to happen....it makes me wonder if it will just happen again and again if nurseries are the cheaper option.

Sorry for the moan....i suppose we all feel this way when children leave that we have become attached to.

christine e
26-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Oh dear what a blow.

Hope you manage to fill space soon

Cx

angeldelight
26-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Sorry to hear that Mags

Moan all you want I know I would be

It always comes along when you least expect it

Their little one will not get the same care and support that you provide though shame they have decided to go for nursery

Hope you manage to fill the space soon

Good luck vibes being sent to you

Angel xx

littletreasures
26-08-2008, 07:57 AM
Sorry to hear you're losing one of your mindees.

I hope you fill the space soon.

Mags
26-08-2008, 08:04 AM
just got this from the nursery's latest ofsted report.... (sorry, had to check it out)

However, staff sleep children face to face, which exposes them to the risk of cross infection.
Routines are in place to facilitate children's personal hygiene. However, there are inconsistencies
in staff's approach to hand washing, resulting in children having little understanding of its
importance towards their health. Records relating to medication and accidents are maintained.
However, the parental consent form for emergency medical advice and treatment insufficiently
reflects their procedures and lacks clarity.

Not very good is it???

Could someone please remove the above for me if i'm not allowed to show it on here, thanks.

sue m
26-08-2008, 08:13 AM
Sorry to hear that Mags. It just seems all so different these days. I don't know how the other more 'mature' minders are finding it but when we started and it was social services, we didn't have all the paperwork (and we didn't have wonderful forums or computers, well I didn't) and the children came to me as babies and then a brother or sister came along and they just stayed, hardly any of them left until I moved away. One little girl I had before she was 2 and she's 15 next week so I'm sending her a card, Mum and me are still in touch. It just seems so different these days - or is it just me.

Hope you get your place filled.

Julia
26-08-2008, 08:29 AM
Isnt it terrible when parents feel it is more important to spare a few bucks rather than to ensure their childs happiness and well being.

The child will be much better off with you rather than in a shoddy nursery.

Dont worry you'll fill the space and when they realise their mistake, (when the child is home ill more often than in neusery)STUFF THEM :laughing:

Alibali
26-08-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm gutted for you too, however with the current financial climate I can understand parents wanting to try to save on childcare. I think it will happen to a lot more of us too.

elizabeth
26-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Keep positive, sometimes things happen for a reason, then turn out to be better than before.

emler
26-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Fingers crossed you manage to fill your full time space quickly. Keep your chin up

ruby
26-08-2008, 05:26 PM
i agree with you Sue m it is a lot different these days i will agree there is a lot more paper work etc wether this is a good thing or bad i am still undecided.
we have been very lucky over the years that we have been childminding and are usually full We know it can be very hard from reading on here to get mindees and hope that those that are still having trouble will soon be having phone calls.

cathy

Nicki L
26-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Obviously the child is better off in your care. Pity parents have to try and save a few pennies where they can.

Although personally from reading that bit of the report i would send my child to you.

Anyway hun its their loss - hope you fill the space soon

nannysue
26-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Sue you are so right, many years ago the children would come to you as babies and more often than not you would see them through school, finishing when they went to secondary. Now we only seem to have the children until they recieve free funding, But i am lucky that all mine are staying with me plus going to nursery on the other days.
Many years ago it was all about the care and welfare of the child and i think apart from a record form and a contract (and even that was simple)and an accident book that is all the paperwork that was involved. Social Services usually popped in unannounced but there was no fear attached to that, they were always approachable and helpful with any problems.
It is so different now and sometimes it worries me that i won't be doing the paperwork side right, where as i know i am good at my job but will the inspectors see that.

Sue x

Wiggly
26-08-2008, 06:55 PM
I feel sad for you. Really hope you feel the place soon.

Wiggly
x

Schnakes
26-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Its harsh isnt it - that happened to me. I honestly dont think the parents realise how much heart and soul we put into their kids...we end up loving them like they were one of our own, and then they pull them out as if you were just the hired hand.

(Not that Im bitter or anything!! :panic: )

Sx

Chatterbox Childcare
26-08-2008, 07:35 PM
just got this from the nursery's latest ofsted report.... (sorry, had to check it out)

However, staff sleep children face to face, which exposes them to the risk of cross infection.
Routines are in place to facilitate children's personal hygiene. However, there are inconsistencies
in staff's approach to hand washing, resulting in children having little understanding of its
importance towards their health. Records relating to medication and accidents are maintained.
However, the parental consent form for emergency medical advice and treatment insufficiently
reflects their procedures and lacks clarity.

Not very good is it???

Could someone please remove the above for me if i'm not allowed to show it on here, thanks.

I wonder if mum has seen this. They may be cheaper but we are better and mum will realise it and come back with her tail between her legs!

Good luck in finding a new mindee.

Debbie

Monkey1
26-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Fingers crossed you fill the space soon x

LisaH
26-08-2008, 09:04 PM
I know how you must be feeling. Same thing happened to me last year with a mindee I had had for almost 2 years. When I go to school he runs over to the railings at nursery shouting me, bless him.

Luckily I filled his place very quickly and I hope you are lucky too.:)