PDA

View Full Version : Jade Goody diet

devoncm
25-08-2008, 11:07 PM
I am going to do this from monday,would start before but having marcs other kids from cornwall come to stay with us later in week so there might be a few take aways to save cooking lots and suff.

Anyway in her diet she has pretty much fish every day for eve meal( cod fillet tuna prawns etc) i cant stand fish what so ever, can anyone think of a substitute for this?

Ill be weighing myself weekly and will post everything on here,the good and the bad,just so it will help me carry on if i feel im doing with people.

Tatia
26-08-2008, 12:40 PM
How about a chicken breast then? I'm not familiar with her diet at all so am not certain what the prinicples are but I'd think that any sort of lean meat would be okay. Chicken breast, lean steak, pork with all fat trimmed. What's the rest of the diet like?

Tatia
26-08-2008, 12:44 PM
I found this online. Seems a sensible diet, if a little boring. Good luck!

Jade's 'better than surgery' diet

Day 1
Breakfast - Porridge made with water, topped with chopped strawberries and raspberries.
Lunch - Vegetable soup made with lentils and chopped onions.
Dinner - Baked cod fillets, served with baked broccoli and courgettes.
Snacks - Seeds mixed with a tiny amount of dried chilli, 2ltr of water a day, plus as many cups of green tea as you like.

Day 2
Breakfast - Cereal and soya milk, topped with blueberries and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
Lunch - Chicken and chilli soup.
Dinner - Baked salmon, served with salad.
Snacks - Seeds mixed with dried chilli, 2ltr of water, green tea.

Day 3
Breakfast - Porridge with water, blueberries and blackberries.
Lunch - Sushi with brown rice.
Dinner-Tuna steak and salad.
Snacks - A square of dark chocolate, 2ltr of water, cups of green tea.

Day 4
Breakfast - Scrambled eggs made with soya milk, served on two Ryvita crispbreads.
Lunch - Baked sweet potato, served with tuna.
Dinner - Baked cod, served with green beans and salad.
Snacks - A square of dark chocolate, 2ltr of water, cups of reen tea.

Day 5
Breakfast – Scrambled eggs made with soya milk, served on two Ryvitas.
Lunch – Baked sweet potatoe, served with tuna and hummus.
Dinner – Spicy salad made with prawns, green vegetables, ginger, black pepper and a sprinkle of dried chilli.
Snacks – Seeds with dried chilli, 2ltr of water, cups of green tea.

Spangles
26-08-2008, 12:44 PM
I've not heard of Jade Goody's diet.

Good luck though! Keep us posted.

angeldelight
26-08-2008, 07:07 PM
I had not heard of this diet

Good luck keep us posted

Angel xx

Cazz
26-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Oh no - too much fish there for me! I'll stick to good ole Weightwatchers! Good luck with it though, let us know how you get on.

Carole x

P.S. Just looked at it again - a SQUARE of dark chocolate! You must be joking, I definetly wouldn't have enough willpower to do that diet!

devoncm
27-08-2008, 07:17 PM
too much fish-thats what i thought,so still looking sround but im determined to find one i will like

deeb66
29-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Good luck with the diet.......let us know how you are getting on.

I think the reason it has so much fish is that it is low in calories and contains good fats where as meat contains too much saturated fats.

If you can't eat the fish (I am drooling as I love fish!) and need to substitute it then you should stick to white meat only which basically means chicken or turkey.

HTH

Good luck :thumbsup: