PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Art?

butterfly
25-08-2008, 05:54 PM
My husband has just sorted out our garden getting rid of the horrible trellises and the dead plants that were taking over our fence! The trouble is now I'm left with a fairly large expanse of bare fence. My husband doesn't want it painted ie with a mural etc, so I'm looking for ideas!!

I really want it to look child friendly and like the idea of the children doing some sort of art which is displayed in the garden! I was thinking paintings and then laminating them but I still think they will take on water and the paint will run.

Does anyone have any great ideas?

Polly2
25-08-2008, 06:13 PM
One of the things I have planned is, a huge outdoor blackboard so the children can use the chalk altogether.

I would be interested in any other ideas too!

sarah707
25-08-2008, 06:13 PM
You could put some washing line high up and hang some pans and spoons to make an instrumental section :D

katickles
25-08-2008, 06:22 PM
YOu could get the children to help make some different kinds of decorations ie dream catchers. Or hang some of those bright twisty plastic things (I have no idea what they are called, can you tell :laughing: ) They are on elastic & when they move they look like they are bobbing up & down all twirly :D

butterfly
25-08-2008, 06:26 PM
One of the things I have planned is, a huge outdoor blackboard so the children can use the chalk altogether.

I would be interested in any other ideas too!

i thought of this! do you know where to get one from?

katickles
25-08-2008, 06:27 PM
i thought of this! do you know where to get one from?

You can buy tins of Blackboard paint from B&Q

butterfly
25-08-2008, 06:28 PM
YOu could get the children to help make some different kinds of decorations ie dream catchers. Or hang some of those bright twisty plastic things (I have no idea what they are called, can you tell :laughing: ) They are on elastic & when they move they look like they are bobbing up & down all twirly :D

how do i make outdoor dream catchers?

i was thinking maybe either match the theme of either minibeasts or 'all about me'

butterfly
25-08-2008, 06:29 PM
You can buy tins of Blackboard paint from B&Q

oooh interesting! do you just paint a large bit of plywood?

katickles
25-08-2008, 06:30 PM
oooh interesting! do you just paint a large bit of plywood?

Yeah & then your hubby should be pleased as you can just remove it when needed :)

sarah707
25-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Be inspired by Andy Goldsworthy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Goldsworthy

Polly2
25-08-2008, 06:44 PM
www.chalkboardsuk.co.uk

Have a look here!

butterfly
25-08-2008, 06:50 PM
what sort of outdoor decorations could we make?

i'm thinking of using plastic recycled materials and old cds?

miffy
25-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Who made some outdoor decorations and hung them from the washing line - there are some photos somewhere.

Somebody else made life-size pictures of the mindees by drawing round them on wallpaper rolls, letting the mindees paint them and hanging them on the fence - they looked great too

Miffy xx

butterfly
25-08-2008, 08:42 PM
can i use normal paint for outdoor stuff? i mean will it wash off in the rain?

i really want some ideas for creations which i can leave outside which won't ruin in the rain.