PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Contact

cloud9
25-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Does the emergency contact need to be a registered childminder? My current back up has now left minding so i don't have one but can i use my hubby instead all the children are familiar with him and would feel safer?

sarah707
25-08-2008, 09:10 AM
No it doesn't need to be a registered childminder :D

cloud9
25-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Thank you sarah, i'd prefer my hubby as the children know him and so do the parents.

Chatterbox Childcare
25-08-2008, 09:30 AM
It could be anyone

The idea of an emergency contact is that the person would have all the children's details and call the parents to collect them.

In case of an emergency you can leave the children with anyone.

Debbie

LisaH
25-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Mine is my hubby too. Failing that my neighbour. :)

Minstrel
26-08-2008, 07:55 PM
I had thought about having my OH but to be honest most emergencies i might have would be his emegencies too wouldnt they?
He is a PCSO so if anything were to happen to him whilst at work and i had to go then i couldnt call him. If i were taken ill then he would want to come with me and if it were something with our children then likewise it would be his emergency too.
Does anyone know of other emergencies we may need to leave the children? I have a neighbour who works nights as a carer in a private hospital. I dont know her overly well but do you think that is a suitable choice and how often has everyone come into this situation?

sorry a bit of a ramble but hopefully you get my drift......:)

Chatterbox Childcare
26-08-2008, 07:56 PM
If I was in a car accident and knocked out my card would be found and my emergency contact phoned.

If I was at home and someone was hurt and I needed to go to hospital I would ask any of my neighbours and give them the details to contact the parents.

Debbie

ChocolateChip
27-08-2008, 05:24 PM
My understanding is that is has to be someone who is 'suitable' to look after children and preferably someone the children know, but it doesn't have to be a childminder.
Don't ask me me where I got that from though, have'nt got a clue but my inspector was happy with who I'd chosen ( my friend and my mum, OH if he is around).

Angela234
27-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Until resently my back up was my daughter who lived just down the road (she's moved now) she is crb checked, and also my next door neighbour she is also crb checked now its my neighbour and another minder.

Angela

kindredspirits
27-08-2008, 09:19 PM
i was told at ICP it could be anyone with a crb check but inspector told me it MUST be a registered childminder - might be worth checking with Ofsted on this one!!