PDA

View Full Version : Can i do this?

SonnysMummy
24-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Need a little help with ratios. I'm abit confused. Ofsted have registered me for one baby under 1, 2 under 5 and 3 between 5-8 years.
Bear in mind that i have a 14 month old son myself so i can only mind 2 under 5 plus him.
I've signed contracts for one 4 year old although he's starting school in september and so can be counted as 5 yeah...am i right? Also, one 7 year old.
Now i've had some more enquiries...there's two 4 year olds who are starting school and so should be counted as 5.
There's also a baby.
They would all be with me and some days.
So can i do this numbers wise??? Have four 5-8 year olds if i only have two under 5?
Help!!!

Monkey1
24-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Need a little help with ratios. I'm abit confused. Ofsted have registered me for one baby under 1, 2 under 5 and 3 between 5-8 years.
Bear in mind that i have a 14 month old son myself so i can only mind 2 under 5 plus him.
I've signed contracts for one 4 year old although he's starting school in september and so can be counted as 5 yeah...am i right? Also, one 7 year old.
Now i've had some more enquiries...there's two 4 year olds who are starting school and so should be counted as 5.
There's also a baby.
They would all be with me and some days.
So can i do this numbers wise??? Have four 5-8 year olds if i only have two under 5?
Help!!!

Yes Hun You can!

Chatterbox Childcare
24-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Yes you could have all of these as your registration is for a total of 6 under 6 (including your son). Therefore you would have 4 under 8 but over 5 and 1 under 5, totalling 5.

Note that the 4 year olds are not counted as 5 until they are attending 10 sessions per week at school but if you speak to Ofsted you will get an overlap to cover any settling in periods.

Debbie

SonnysMummy
24-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Well the 4 year old who is starting school and the 7 year old are the children that contracts are signed for and their mum doesn't want me to start until the middle of september when the 4 year old starts full time after his settling in shorter days...when he starts mon-fri, 9am-3pm. So is that ok?

Chatterbox Childcare
24-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Perfect - you are full

Well done

Debbie

miffy
24-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Congratulations :clapping:

Miffy xx

Mollymop
24-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Sounds great well done!!

angeldelight
25-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Congratulations well done

Angel xx

SonnysMummy
25-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks ladies:) It would be great if the other two families signed up with me although there's a problem...
My car isn't big enough to fit all of the children in as it's a 5 seater. I need my car as the schools aren't in walking distance and i can't afford a 7 seater yet:( Not really sure what to do on this one. Probably won't be able to take them all on:(