PDA

View Full Version : photos

mummyroysof3
24-08-2008, 01:59 PM
hi, i am just after some advise about taking photos, i know we need permission from the parents but how is the best way to word it? and roughly how many photos do we need to take for observations etc

charlotte x

Monkey1
24-08-2008, 02:13 PM
You don't always need photos for an obs. but they do help to explain what the child is doing. They are also a lovely momento for their learning journey. I print all mine off at the end of the week in contact form (tiny photos) then the ones i dont use for obs i put in their diary.
Bromley website have a photo form and one for EYFS. You could try and combine the two.
Hope that helps x

manjay
24-08-2008, 03:20 PM
I use the photo permission form from the NCMA website.

Not sure about EYFS as I don't do that:laughing:

sarah707
24-08-2008, 03:32 PM
I am just changing the wording on my permissions to reflect eyfs.

i have decided to say -

Please note – the following permissions are legal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). If you do not agree with them, you will need to explain your reasons to me. If we cannot come to an agreement, I might not be able to care for your child.

The ones I list under this heading include using the car, daily outings, photo observations, carrying emergency information on outings, applying sun cream, making a learning journey or memories book and contacting other settings to work in partnership.

I then have another list which is more flexible... and asks permission for things like using baby wipes, leaving child in a pushchair to sleep, tooth brushing etc.

I'm playing with this at the moment - any additions to my ideas welcomed :D

miffy
24-08-2008, 03:45 PM
I've been toying with this too - all my permissions are on one A4 sheet atm - I don't really want to split it but haven't enough room to fit it all on anymore.

Hmmn still thinking about it, along with a lot of other stuff!

Miffy xx

Mrs.L.C
24-08-2008, 03:48 PM
I have a page for photos and a page for other consents. Feel free to pm if you want me to email them to you

emmadines
24-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Ive done a tick box permission form so has another peep on here (it was her idea) I just adopted it into my own words and choices.

emmadines
24-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Ive done a tick box permission form so has another peep (sorry forgotten who)on here (it was her idea) I just adopted it into my own words and choices.

sorry it sent a dup and I cant delete it:blush:

LisaH
24-08-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm using the NCMA ones too.:)

Chatterbox Childcare
24-08-2008, 08:17 PM
My photo permission letter states:

Dear ....

Under the Data Protection Act I am unable to take and use photographs of ..... without your written permission.

I am writing for your permission to take photographs that may be used by myself, the media or in publications now or in the future.

If you don’t have any objections to this, could you please sign the bottom or this letter and return it to me for my records? A copy is attached for you to keep.

Thank you.

DEBBIE SOUTHERN

I hereby give permission for ...... to have his photograph taken and used as set out above.

That is it and covers everything. Ofsted are happy with it too.