PDA

View Full Version : Linking with the EYFS

Helpinghands
23-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Hi everyone!

I have finally got some evidence/obs/sample work collected together on my mindee after doing my planning. Now what do I do??

Can someone please shed a bit of light on how to link my evidencing with the EYFS?

I understand what to do, but just not how to put it down on paper.

Sorry If this has already been asked but I'll be here all week searching the forums.;)

sarah707
23-08-2008, 05:24 PM
What have you got? Some observations I am assuming...

So...

First of all, look in the learning and development grids of the eyfs for the age and developmental stage of the child.

In the eyfs, you will see helpful notes about how you can help a child move on, depending on where they are at the moment. These are the child's next steps... make some up and note them.

Then, plan from what you have just done! :D

mum2two
23-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Sarah makes it all sound so easy....

How many of us will be up til the early hours?

Kelly x

sue m
23-08-2008, 06:28 PM
ME!!! Several nights and weekends now!!!:mad:

nannysue
23-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Me to!!!! I think its in my head( which seems to go very fuzzy whenever i pick up the paperwork:( ) but i can't seem to be able to put in onto paper. What is wrong with me? and to top it all my camera has decided to die so now i have to go and spend out to be able to do photographic evidence. I am determined to get it all together this weekend. Watch this space:panic:

Sue x

sue m
23-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Oh no! What do we do when the camera dies, we have to buy another just for being a childminder????? Let me know Sue when you've got it all together!!!! :D

nannysue
23-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Don't hold your breath Sue i could be a while!!!!!:laughing:

Sue x

Helpinghands
24-08-2008, 07:24 AM
What have you got? Some observations I am assuming...

So...

First of all, look in the learning and development grids of the eyfs for the age and developmental stage of the child.

In the eyfs, you will see helpful notes about how you can help a child move on, depending on where they are at the moment. These are the child's next steps... make some up and note them.

Then, plan from what you have just done! :D

I have a folder for each child with photographs and small paragraphs explainng what each child is doing, then showing some examples of their work.

Do you put it in a grid? Or can you just say what you are going to do next to achieve the next goal?

miffy
24-08-2008, 07:39 AM
I have a folder for each child with photographs and small paragraphs explainng what each child is doing, then showing some examples of their work.

Do you put it in a grid? Or can you just say what you are going to do next to achieve the next goal?

Either - there are no set rules so do whatever is easier for you.

It makes more sense to me to put the "next steps" next to your observation/assessment but that's just my way of doing things.

Miffy xx

Mrs M
25-08-2008, 11:34 AM
I've found it easy to use a photo observation sheet. Name of child, age, date of ob. Then stick on the photo and beneath it explanation of what child was doing. Then what area/s of the EYFS it relates to and next steps. This keeps it all nice and neat and simple. PM me if you want a copy of my photo ob form.