PDA

View Full Version : laminator

samgeordie
23-08-2008, 02:57 PM
got a great A4 laminator with a starter pouches set and some desk top publishing software for £12 in WhSmith today.

So ladies Im looking for some ideas on what I can do with a 16mth old, 3yr old and 5yr old, so i can use my laminator next week. Im already thinking about doing calenders for xmas.

Jules27
23-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Haven't any ideas for you but will nab your idea of calanders at xmas!! i have new toy in the shape of a laminator too!!!!! fab!!!! lol!!:laughing:

HAnd and foot prints with a poem are nice things to do. Think you may find some poems on childminding resources website? They cna be laminted once dried!

Cheeky
23-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Hi

What about making placemats for the dinner table, lunchtimes etc?

brillminder
23-08-2008, 06:06 PM
pound land have pouches in my towm for 10 £1 i do a lot of stuff for my story sacks ,small medium large, matching games, insects, do butterfly prints on paper & paint when dry cut into shape and laminate and make mobiles pics in a good one
have fun x

LisaH
23-08-2008, 08:05 PM
I picked up a laminator a couple of weeks ago in Wilkinsons for £9, best thing I ever bought!! If I can laminate something I will!!! Lol

Chimps Childminding
23-08-2008, 09:24 PM
I picked up a laminator a couple of weeks ago in Wilkinsons for £9, best thing I ever bought!! If I can laminate something I will!!! Lol

Same here - I love laminating - my boys joke that anything (or anybody) standing still long enough in my house gets the treatment :laughing: :laughing:

Hannahlg
24-08-2008, 07:48 AM
Hi

oh we do all children make thier own placemat when their start or when there start sitting at table

Nicki L
24-08-2008, 07:49 AM
Hi

These are the first things i made with mine - i think i had more fun than the children!!

Pauline
24-08-2008, 09:58 AM
If it dones't move laminate it! :laughing:

I laminate line pictures, ( e.g.print offs for colouring) and then give the older children tracing paper to lay over them and trace the lines.

Great for hand and pencil control and the pictures don't get spoilt and last for ages

littlegems
24-08-2008, 06:15 PM
i have laminated some playdough mats and snack mats that i found on sparklebox.

christine e
24-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Use black sugar paper and print hand and feet using talc then laminate - quite effective!

Cx

christine e
24-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Hi

Use pictures/mag cuttings to record likes and dislikes and to record any foods that should be avoided. I intend to make placemats as an activity a childminding group and will record on one of my mindees mat that she cannot have glutton or dairy products.

Cx

Chatterbox Childcare
24-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Asda and Tesco charge less than £2 for 25 A4 pouches.

Debbie