PDA

View Full Version : 2day childminding & school starter

loz1985
22-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Hi,

I have been asked to look after two girls but only for two days, I realise that i need all emergency numbers, contacts etc but what will i also need to have for just two days? a contract?

and also i was told by another childminder that when a child is due to start school in the september they would count as a 5 or over in my numbers from the summer before is this correct?

thanks

balloon
22-08-2008, 02:45 PM
is your insurance valid with no contract?

You could always write your own short term one up if you didn't want to use one of the NCMA type ones. (be careful though, lol!)

miffy
22-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Even if you are only minding for two days you will still need all the paperwork like permission forms - I would also do a contract - you could use a short term one if you wish - and I'd get payment up front.

A child can be counted as an over 5 when they are attending 10 early education sessions a week (ie full time school) so if the child starts full time school in September they can be counted in your 5 to 8 yo from then onwards.

Miffy xx

ruby
22-08-2008, 05:55 PM
i thought that you couldn't count them in your over 5 until they actually start full time school.

don't think you can count them as over 5 from the summer before

cathy

tulip0803
22-08-2008, 07:23 PM
You can do a short term contract but you still have to fill in all other forms, child record form/permissions/Emergency contacts and stuff for your own safety and peace of mind.

The school term does not start until September so a rising 5 child cannot be attending full-time school before then. School year runs Sept-Aug. As soon as the term starts and they are going morning and afternoon every day then they can be counted as over 5.