PDA

View Full Version : Hubby as assistant?

LOOPYLISA
22-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Hi as im not registered yet was just wondering if ofstead would add him as one now? only were just sorting out buisness car insurance and things etc, or can i only register him when i am registered? sorry this all sounds a bit muddled, i was hoping to ask you ladies rather than call the dreaded ofstead(only joking) x:thumbsup:

fionamal
22-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Not sure how it works with Ofsted but would give them a call. They can only tell you no

LOOPYLISA
22-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Thankyou have just called them, i need to send in a leter!, best go get my pen:laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
22-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Why did you need to send in a letter? They will only send you a CM2 form back.

If you go to the ofsted website you can download the form, complete it and send it in. They will then ask for a CRB to be completed or if this is already done then send you a letter of acceptability.

Debbie

LOOPYLISA
22-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Why did you need to send in a letter? They will only send you a CM2 form back.

If you go to the ofsted website you can download the form, complete it and send it in. They will then ask for a CRB to be completed or if this is already done then send you a letter of acceptability.

Debbie

Hi yes he compleated a cm2 form, and has had a crb check, will it automatically go through then? x

Pauline
22-08-2008, 04:09 PM
You still have to send a letter!

Then they make a note on your file and pass the details to your local office who will contact you about numbers etc. :)

LOOPYLISA
22-08-2008, 04:32 PM
You still have to send a letter!

Then they make a note on your file and pass the details to your local office who will contact you about numbers etc. :)

Ah thankyou x:thumbsup:

teacake2
24-08-2008, 05:59 PM
May sound silly to most of you, but would he have to do the ICP and first aid course as well?
Teacake2

Minstrel
24-08-2008, 06:41 PM
First aid course yes.
ICP no unless he wants to be a reg cm

Chatterbox Childcare
24-08-2008, 08:27 PM
H will only need to complete a first aid course if he is alone with any of the children, I believe you being on the premises constitutes a first aider and there only needs to be one.

If the CM2 and CRB form are complete, email Ofsted and ask for a letter stating that your husband is acceptable as an assistant. If they have all the details on file it should come within the week. Don't forget that you need separate insurance for him with NCMA which costs about £22.50 from memory.

Debbie

angeldelight
25-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Just wanted to say good luck

Angel xx

Pauline
25-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Don't forget that you need separate insurance for him with NCMA which costs about £22.50 from memory.

Debbie

Blimey that's a lot I didn't have to pay anything extra with mine.

LOOPYLISA
25-08-2008, 11:35 AM
First aid course yes.
ICP no unless he wants to be a reg cm

No he def does not want to be a registered cm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
25-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Blimey that's a lot I didn't have to pay anything extra with mine.

If you are with NCMA it is a safety certificate for volunteers and assistants. I believe that Ofsted will look for it if you use either of these.

Debbie

Minstrel
26-08-2008, 08:24 PM
No he def does not want to be a registered cm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

Go on .... Just for a laugh!!;)