PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a lightweaight tandem buggy...

sarah32
22-08-2008, 07:19 AM
I have a mothercare tandem buggy at moment, its quite old and heavy and my back is getting worse with it, I do quite a bit of walking and feel terrible when I get back.:mad:

So ive decided Im going to buy a new buggy and hopefully a lighter and easier one to push.

Ive found one on ebay and its called a Kidz Kargo Tandem Jogger no 220270119804, the only thing im worried about is that it would take 2 toddlers, very hard to tell from the picture if there would be enough room.

Wondered if anyone had bought one before or seen one for advice.

sarah32
22-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Is n one going to help me??????????????????:D

son77
22-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Sorry not heard of that one before.

I too have a mothercare buggy, its about a year old & is soooo heavy when both the kids are in it.

Forget the gym, just go for a 30 min walk everyday!

CCJD
22-08-2008, 12:50 PM
hi, I havnt heard of this one either. I have the Instep Nipper which is lovely and light - expensive brand new but these are built to last and you can get some good deals 2nd hand. The seats are very bucket like and I have always thought they looked too squashed for a toddler but have yet to find a child who could not fit. Nicola

LOOPYLISA
22-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Sorry no not much help, im looking for something a bit more lightweight for my neice mum gave me a 3 wheeler jogger thing, ive never had a bad back before, but omg its bad now, think im in need of something more lightweight ! x

fionamal
22-08-2008, 01:34 PM
I had the mclaren twin traveller and thought that was light and umberella folding so easy storage

singlewiththree
22-08-2008, 02:23 PM
They dont sell them in the shops overhere but I nearly bought a second hand one for my daughters 15mth apart but when for a phil & Ted instead. I had a push of it and it was light but not really light it was difficult as the front seat didnt lie back at all and there wasnt much room when there were too toddlers which was why the woman was selling as her youngest prefered to walk but then again he was 3 so it depends if you are talking up to age 3 then it would be fine, but still quite heavy obviously and it was tall, I'm only small and found it difficult to see the front.

HTH
Paula

Chatterbox Childcare
22-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Not heard of this one.

I have a Mothercare 3 wheeler that an pneumatic tyres. Very good for your back but hard to get in and out of the car.

Would recommend for walking

Debbie

katickles
22-08-2008, 02:37 PM
My friend who's a childminder bought a Kidz Kargo double & i'm sorry but she hates it!! If its the same one that is - will take a look at the ebay ref no & if its a different one i'll let you know.

She found it so difficult to stear when there are 2 in there, she used it for her dd at about 12/13 months & a toddler of about 2 1/2.

The back seat adjustment also broke really easy meaning that the back seat is perminatly laid back.

:(

katickles
22-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Just looked & i'm sorry but it is that one :(

sarah32
22-08-2008, 03:40 PM
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Its the only one Ive found that looked ideal for me.

I cant have a side by side as wont fit through my side door and also having a side by side and toddler holding on there wouldnt be much room on the path.

I think i'll have to hit the shops and have a play around.

balloon
22-08-2008, 04:42 PM
not sure if this is the same pushchair that you have been looking at or not but there are some reviews here:
http://www.ciao.co.uk/Kidz_Kargo_Tandem_Jogger__6346588

they don't look good on the whole, so I'm hoping its not the one you have your heart set on.

littletreasures
22-08-2008, 05:03 PM
I had the kidz kargo tandem. I liked it to push, but it is so heavy to lift in and out of the car. My friend also bought one about a week after I had got mine (we both bought second hand from ebay) and she got rid of hers as well. I think we had them for about 3 months.

It depends what you want from it. I needed a double buggy for getting the kids into school from the car. The school is too far for me to walk. I had 3 little ones. I made one walk and put the others in the buggy. It is quite nice to push and on really heavy rainy days I have been able to get 2 little ones in the back so had 3 in the buggy to be quicker. The children were 18 months, 13 months and 8 months. It was difficult to manoeuvre with one hand, as I was holding the 18 months hand and had him on reins.

I have now sold it and bought the Nipper double 360 which I love. This is a pleasure to push and easily done with one hand (even a couple of fingers in a straight line).

Hope this helps you. Sorry it's not very positive, but you did ask :o

sarah32
22-08-2008, 08:10 PM
thanks everyone for the info, its no longer on my list, it is exactly the same one.

Bit dissappointed but glad I found outs its not good before I bought it.

thanks everyone.:)

Will carry on looking

Bushpig
22-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Sarah I bought one on ebay... it is a cosykid, was inexpensive, but is fine for my kids :) I recall I ended up paying about £70 for it, including delivery.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Cosykid-Twin-Pushchair-Navy-Double-Buggy-260380_W0QQitemZ130248643693QQcmdZViewItem?hash=it em130248643693&_trkparms=72%3A238%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C2 40%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Bushpig
22-08-2008, 08:26 PM
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Its the only one Ive found that looked ideal for me.

I cant have a side by side as wont fit through my side door and also having a side by side and toddler holding on there wouldnt be much room on the path.

I think i'll have to hit the shops and have a play around.

Sorry, just read now that you don't want side by side. I have 2 in the pram with 1/2 holding onto the side, and get around fine. Getting through doors is not difficult, I seem to get through all OK, if a tad tight at times, but get through them. I catch the bus with it too. It folds up nicely.

Phil and Ted's is great, but so expensive. :eek:

sarah32
22-08-2008, 08:50 PM
thanks for the advice, will have another look later.

off to bed now as on hols tomorrow and getting up early to travel to dorset

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

DCS
22-08-2008, 11:41 PM
hiya,

I have a Combi Caterpillar Tandem weighs only 9.5kg. Search ebay for one. Very roomy, can comfortly accomodate 2 4yr olds. Not that i push 4 yr olds around in it, I used then to test it out!

HTH,

Cecile

miffy
23-08-2008, 04:40 PM
thanks for the advice, will have another look later.

off to bed now as on hols tomorrow and getting up early to travel to dorset

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Hope you have a lovely holiday

Sorry can't help you with the buggy

Miffy xx