PDA

View Full Version : Dog poop!

cowboy
22-08-2008, 07:12 AM
I have always sent mindees home with dog poop on shoes in a carrier bag. One of my parents made a comment about me not cleaning them for their child the other day.
I always felt that they wouldn't have it done at school and to be frank it's horrid doing it.
Do you all clean the dog poop off or get the parents to do it? I'm talking about 5 years plus not littlies (I would definately clean them up for a pre schooler especially if I had them all day!).

Cowboy

Mollymop
22-08-2008, 07:14 AM
I am not sure if I would or not. I suppose I might cos I am used to doing it with my own - there is a lot of dog poo around here and it's not nice.

But it is up to you though, why should you if you don't want to? xx

SimplyLucy
22-08-2008, 07:40 AM
I would just clean it off, wouldn't even cross my mind not too.

The child is in your care at the time of the incident so you deal with it, you wouldn't leave it on their clothes if some got on their trousers.

I keep rubber gloves in for nappy changes so it's no effort to slip on a pair and clean a shoe.

The child might feel embarrassed or uncomfortable that they had trodden in dog poo in the first place and I wouldn't like to make a bigger issue from it by having to hand the shoe to a parent in a bag. Just imagine how the child would feel.

Just my opinion, not having a go at anyone who hands the shoe back in a bag.

Jules27
22-08-2008, 08:16 AM
I would clean it off, i do for my own children and if the child is in my care at the time it is my responsibility. I have a dog of my own so am used to it I guess, my 5 year old frequently treads in dog poo in the back garden if i've not been quick enough to pick it up!! :laughing: the joys of parenting and childminding... lol!!!!:laughing:

susi513
22-08-2008, 08:24 AM
I wouldn't normally have cleaned it off. I don't wash clothes if they have a toilet accident either. If they get faeces on their clothes, (their own or dogs) I just tip the worst off into wc, and bag it up for the mums. Its in my handbook that I don't do washing. And parents are happy with that as it means more quality time with their child, and that children are properly supervised at all times. I don't have a downstairs wc and I wouldn't do this sort of cleaning at the kitchen sink of course. So having to spend time in bathroom means dilemmas in terms of supervising children - the babies have to come up with me for one thing.

Only had a dog poo incident once, though. She just scraped the worst off on the grass and left the shoes outside the front door til mum collected. Mum was fine about that and even apologised to me that her dd had trod in it! Not that there was any need for that, these things happen.

mimo
22-08-2008, 08:48 AM
i would clean the items for the child and have done in the past when it has happened .I also have washed clothes for them if they get muddy for them

charleyfarley
22-08-2008, 09:11 AM
We don't just have to worry about dog poo by me it's horse and cow poo too, that's the trouble of living by a farm :D

I'm paranoid of the treading in it, constantly telling them to watch the latest cow pat :panic:

Luckily for me none of them have trod in them yet but I suppose I would clean it off.

I also wash their clothes if they get wet or soiled here :blush: too soft I suppose

Carol xx

Cammie Doodle
22-08-2008, 09:17 AM
I dont think its being soft Carol :D Cow and horse poo are not so bad as it can be used as fertilizer:blush: , but dog and cat poo are nasty :angry:

mimo
22-08-2008, 09:26 AM
We also have the cow and horse poo problem here carol .The foxes poo is most definatly the worst of them all thoughl

charleyfarley
22-08-2008, 09:37 AM
We also have the cow and horse poo problem here carol .The foxes poo is most definatly the worst of them all thoughl

So I've heard thankfully I've not come across that yet

Carol xx

Pedagog
22-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Fox poo is nasty, we used to have a beagle and she liked to roll in fox poo. She would stink for a week even after a good wash.

tulip0803
22-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Fox poo is nasty, we used to have a beagle and she liked to roll in fox poo. She would stink for a week even after a good wash.

A couple of year's ago we had a fox keep visiting our garden and the dog kept rolling in it BLEUGHHHH

Schnakes
22-08-2008, 10:59 AM
I would wash their shoes if they were going to be walking round in their shoes, but once a dad brought his LO in her buggy and it had dog poo on the wheel when he arrived, and they got all snooty cos I didnt wash it. In fact I left the pushchair outside. I havent got time to be scrubbing other peoples buggies!!! Specially not when it wasnt even me who went in the poo in the first place!!

Sx

LOOPYLISA
22-08-2008, 11:57 AM
I probably would do, but im soft too:blush:

Hannahlg
22-08-2008, 01:57 PM
if it happend in my care i would do

balloon
22-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Have to admit I would clean it off too if the child was in my care when it happened. I'd also at least rinse clothes off that had been soiled with a poopy accident too.

Minstrel
22-08-2008, 03:27 PM
as much as i would want to and i would feel bad for not doing it, but i have a really sensitive stomach and i would be sick. i cant clean up my own childrens vomit without being sick so this is a no no

miffy
22-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Have to say I'd clean it up too even though I think it's revolting

Round here it's also pidgeon poo - they sit on the lamp posts and poo on the pavements for all to tread in - yuk!

Miffy xx

Mollymop
22-08-2008, 05:03 PM
How do you know if it's foxes poo? I am wondering as I keep getting small dog poo on my front lawn and I never catch the dog doing it and now I am wondering if it could be a fox, it defo not cat poo.

sarah707
22-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Unless they urgently need shoes later, I don't clean them any more. Even then, I only get off the worst using tissue and wearing gloves. If we are visiting, they are left outside the house.

I used to but have decided that it's simply too much of a health and safety risk ...

First I would have to decide what sink to use - the one they wash their hands in or the one I use for rinsing food at meal times...?

Then I would need something sharp to poke it out... hmm, would that be a kitchen utensil... or maybe a nail brush...?

Then I would need to clean up after myself... and my clothes would need changing as I cannot risk they are not splashed... so upstairs for a change.

Or maybe if I've remembered to wear it, just my apron washing, but then what would I wear to prepare the next meal...? My food hygiene course emphasised an apron...

Then the tissue I've used would need double bagging and taking to the outside bin... and everything spraying...

So... what are the children doing while I'm going through this palaver? :panic:

Bushpig
22-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Unless they urgently need shoes later, I don't clean them any more. Even then, I only get off the worst using tissue and wearing gloves. If we are visiting, they are left outside the house.

I used to but have decided that it's simply too much of a health and safety risk ...

First I would have to decide what sink to use - the one they wash their hands in or the one I use for rinsing food at meal times...?

Then I would need something sharp to poke it out... hmm, would that be a kitchen utensil... or maybe a nail brush...?

Then I would need to clean up after myself... and my clothes would need changing as I cannot risk they are not splashed... so upstairs for a change.

Or maybe if I've remembered to wear it, just my apron washing, but then what would I wear to prepare the next meal...? My food hygiene course emphasised an apron...

Then the tissue I've used would need double bagging and taking to the outside bin... and everything spraying...

So... what are the children doing while I'm going through this palaver? :panic:

Er.. ditto Sarah! :laughing:

For poo pants I get rid of the poo in the loo and pants go into a deodorised bag for mum. I do not wash clothes. I do dry clothes if they get wet and there are no spares (although there should always be spares).

Poo on shoes? I would try and get a certain amount off, but wouldnt spend ages on it.. I have 3/4 under 3s with me, and it isnt practical for me to do this when they are needing my attention.

Schnakes
22-08-2008, 06:20 PM
There must be something of a ten year old in me...I just got the giggles reading everyone say "poo" over and over again!!!

Sx

LOOPYLISA
22-08-2008, 06:30 PM
There must be something of a ten year old in me...I just got the giggles reading everyone say "poo" over and over again!!!

Sx

Me to, funny one was poo pants!!!!! i don.t want any of them:laughing:

LisaH
22-08-2008, 10:09 PM
I'm afraid I don't do poo either!! Lol. It's a rare occurence for me anyway, I search the pavements when we are out and steer all the kids round it. Lol

I would clean it off it was a toddler but not older kids. Would just put shoes outside.:)

cowboy
23-08-2008, 07:33 AM
:) Thanks I feel better now and as mine are schoolies who have trod in it on the way home and are all picked up by car I'll keep bagging and sending home,
It is horrid though isn't it-

cowboy.

manjay
23-08-2008, 07:51 AM
I definitely don't do dog poo! I try to be as vigilant as possible to steer the buggy and pre schoolers away from it and so have had no mishaps with them. School age children know to be on the look out for it as we walk. The older ones have had a couple of incidents and they get the worst of it off on the grass and the shoes are left outside for Mum to deal with.

You have to do what you feel comfortable with at the end of the day

angeldelight
23-08-2008, 08:49 AM
I just feel sick reading all of this

Yuk yuk

Angel xx

aly
23-08-2008, 10:34 AM
as much as i would want to and i would feel bad for not doing it, but i have a really sensitive stomach and i would be sick. i cant clean up my own childrens vomit without being sick so this is a no no

My OH has to do that too I cannot bear doing it :panic::panic::panic: