PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for the EYFS - All about me profile

CCJD
21-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Have chosen this week to really get on top of the whole EYFS. Ensure I have all my learning journey's together and planning sheets in order. Think I am nearly there and then of course something else falls in my lap that I hadnt incorporated:panic:

Ok so latest panic is the All About Me Profile for the front of the journey. Anybody got any good ideas about what they are including on these.

I know this has been said a thousand times - but why cant they just say what they want, in one easy to follow list - I work really well with lists!

Chatterbox Childcare
22-08-2008, 05:07 AM
There are a lot of threads and brilliant ideas on this. Why not search all about me in the search box?

I do list too...

Debbie

mjw
23-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Surrey have given us sheets to fill in for EYFS and on their All about Me page they ask for details under these headings
My Family including pets
I am interested in..
I need support with...

mjw
23-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Surrey have given us sheets to fill in for EYFS and on their All about Me page they ask for details under these headings

My Family including pets
I am interested in..
I need support with...
I am good at..
My favourite activity is..
My favourite toy is..
I get upset when...
I like it when..

We also have a page for the parent to fill in All about my child

Names of family members and significant people close to your child
Any previous experience of beng cared for outside the home or by carers other than parents/ principal carers
Does your child have any particular play interests at the moment, or particular toys he/ she likes to play with?
What sort of things does your child show interest in or talk about?
Is your child used to being with/playing with other children and does he/she enjoy this?
How does he/she respond to situations and people who are new to him/her?
Do you think your child's communication and language development is proceeding well?
What is your child's routine for sleeping and resting during the day?
Do they have a comforter or special lullaby?
What does your child prefer to eat at snack/meal times
What is your child's routine for nappy changing or toileting?
If you have a garden or when you go to the park, what does your child like to do?
Do you feel his/her physical development is what you would expect for his/her age?
What do you expect he/she will like about our setting?
Does your child have any particular fears, worries or dislikes we should know about?
Is there any more information you would like to know about the setting and what your child will be doing here?
Do you have any concerns or worries about your child's development?
Is there any other information you would like us to know in order to help your child settle and be happy?

Hope you find something in this to help you
Mary:)

Spangles
23-08-2008, 09:38 AM
OMG What's this All About Me thing and where's that written down?

I've read through all the stuff but I must have missed something (quite a lot really.) I bet I switch off as I'm reading it because I've skipped through it all once and read it properly once and don't know what everyone's talking about most of the time!

Also, what's the learning journey? It says you have to have this too? Where is that?

OMG how come I've missed all this neither of these were ever mentioned on our training or anything either.

miffy
23-08-2008, 04:38 PM

My Family including pets
I am interested in..
I need support with...
I am good at..
My favourite activity is..
My favourite toy is..
I get upset when...
I like it when..

We also have a page for the parent to fill in All about my child

Names of family members and significant people close to your child
Any previous experience of beng cared for outside the home or by carers other than parents/ principal carers
Does your child have any particular play interests at the moment, or particular toys he/ she likes to play with?
What sort of things does your child show interest in or talk about?
Is your child used to being with/playing with other children and does he/she enjoy this?
How does he/she respond to situations and people who are new to him/her?
Do you think your child's communication and language development is proceeding well?
What is your child's routine for sleeping and resting during the day?
Do they have a comforter or special lullaby?
What does your child prefer to eat at snack/meal times
What is your child's routine for nappy changing or toileting?
If you have a garden or when you go to the park, what does your child like to do?
Do you feel his/her physical development is what you would expect for his/her age?
What do you expect he/she will like about our setting?
Does your child have any particular fears, worries or dislikes we should know about?
Is there any more information you would like to know about the setting and what your child will be doing here?
Do you have any concerns or worries about your child's development?
Is there any other information you would like us to know in order to help your child settle and be happy?

Hope you find something in this to help you
Mary:)

Thanks for that Mary

Miffy xx

Monkey1
23-08-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm getting the children to do the 'all about me' book on childcareland.com then photocopying it and putting it into the front of their files.

miffy
23-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Good idea Monkey :)

Miffy xx

sarah707
23-08-2008, 05:20 PM
OMG What's this All About Me thing and where's that written down?

The eyfs states that we must gather information from parents about their children - some people are calling it an 'all about me' record. You can call it whatever you like, so long as you've got it somewhere in your files

Also, what's the learning journey? It says you have to have this too? Where is that?
Again the learning journey is called many things... I call mine 'celebration of achievement' folders. One folder per child. They are where you put observations / photos / colourings etc which are plotted against the eyfs.

Hope this helps - shout if it doesn't!! :D

Spangles
23-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Oh thank goodness for that! Thank you so much for replying Sarah!

I've got all that paperwork already! Ha ha!

I'd read what you put from the EYFS and understood it and knew I had it already but from the above thought it must have said that you had to have 'learning journal' and 'all about us' in those words if you see what I mean.

I'm so glad I asked and the answer means I'm not dim and have no extra work! Yippee!

Thanks again!

Bella
24-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Hi Monkey
Can you please tell me where on childcare.com the all about me sheet is

miffy
24-08-2008, 04:06 PM
pm me your email bella and I'll send you a copy

Miffy xx

Ripeberry
24-08-2008, 04:20 PM
As a parent i've had to fill in one of these forms for the pre-school on behalf of my daughter.
What the others have suggested was what was on my sheet.

Monkey1
24-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Here you go ...

http://www.earlylearningactivities.com/PDF/allaboutmebook.pdf

hello kitty
24-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the link Monkey will use that next month. :)

Mollymop
24-08-2008, 09:38 PM
At first I was thinking the same as Spangles! "What the hell!!?? Have I issed something?"
I was pleased to know that I already do a "About you and your child" form. Phew!

Bella
25-08-2008, 05:35 AM
Many thanks for the link