PDA

View Full Version : Im getting a conservatory!!

son77
21-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Im so happy :jump for joy:

At last, I can use it to store all the toys & if I still have room in there use it as a play room too.

Can't wait to get my lounge back to a lounge & take down all the posters we have to display & stick them in the conservatory instead.

The best part is though, we are buying it from a friend whos had it for about 3 years and taking it down for a much bigger conservatory/extension, so is costing us just £450!

By the time we've got a builder in (also a friend) to put it back up and all the other bits (radiator, electricity etc) will cost about £2000. Still a bargain though.

Chatterbox Childcare
21-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Bargain

congrtulations and don't forget some of this is tax deductable!

Debbie

Spangles
21-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Good on you! That's really exciting! I'm so jealous!

son77
21-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Bargain

congrtulations and don't forget some of this is tax deductable!

Debbie

Is it?

How do I work that out?

Also, when do I have to tell Ofsted?

Before or after?

LisaH
21-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Thats great, I'd love a conservatory. Really desperate for the extra space!!
Trouble is our house is rented so no can do.:(

sarah707
21-08-2008, 09:38 PM
You'll love the space! Lucky you!

Make sure you get a roof that absorbs some of the heat... mine gets sooo hot!

When you are ready to tell O, send me a pm and i'll forward you the letter I used... it might save you some time.

I told them about a week before it was finished and sent photos.

It took them about 2 weeks to ok it, as they lost the paperwork - until I got their ok letter, I couldn't let the children use it.

kellyg
21-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Excellent, my play room is a conservatory, its about 4m sq so pretty huge but it has a big 6 seat dining table in too, its a lovely bright space that I can kiddy'fi in anyway without it changing my house - its wicked :laughing:

I have tried to attach a pic - not most recent as its now far more busy and colourful lol!

angeldelight
22-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Sounds lovely lucky you

Hope we get to see some pics when its done

Your play room looks lovely Kel

Angel xx

NikNak
22-08-2008, 07:35 AM
How wonderful for you. I got one too, dont now how I would have managed without it to be honest! Here is a pic of mine.x

Nicki L
22-08-2008, 07:38 AM
i am soo jealous, i have been nagging other half for one for ages, but he wont lose some of the garden as he says it will make it too small to do anything in!!

Mollymop
22-08-2008, 08:11 AM
You lot are making me jealous - I want one too!

mum2two
22-08-2008, 09:33 AM
We got one at the end of July. It was a DIY one, and Hubby had lots of fun putting it up... :rolleyes:

But it's up, and you'd never know it was a DIY one. Our is about 3 x3 sq m, and has my computer, table & chairs & all the toys, and it's lovely to have my living room back!!!

Just need to get it carpeted now, so it's a proper 'grown up' room again. :laughing:

Kelly x

son77
22-08-2008, 11:46 AM
You'll love the space! Lucky you!

Make sure you get a roof that absorbs some of the heat... mine gets sooo hot!

When you are ready to tell O, send me a pm and i'll forward you the letter I used... it might save you some time.

I told them about a week before it was finished and sent photos.

It took them about 2 weeks to ok it, as they lost the paperwork - until I got their ok letter, I couldn't let the children use it.

Thanks Sarah, I might just take you up on the offer.

It's going to be about a months time before they start as the builder is very busy & going to squeeze us in!

son77
22-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Everyone's conservatory's look lovely, making me even more excited now!!

son77
22-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Can I ask......do you all have radiators in them??

Some people have told us not to bother & others have told us to put one in.

tomthumb
22-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Conservatory is the best thing ever when you are childminding!! Mine is big (6 foot long but I have ran out of space and when I look at the pictures, your look so tidy and neat. Where do you hide the toys??? Mine are in clear boxes and everywhere. My shed is full of toys and so is my babies room. Friends keep on giving me toys and i can't refuse!!!
My conservatory is like Sarah, very very hot in summer (well, when the summer is hot!!!) and very cold in the winter so we do need the heater and I have an extra heater (portable ones) just to make it warm in the mornings.
You'll see it will change your life (a bit extreme maybe but true!!!!)

Elodie X

son77
22-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Size wise I think ours going to be 8 foot by 10 (approx).

Someone who lives at the back of us has the same one & I cant help myself looking out the window at it!! Sad or wot!

LOOPYLISA
22-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Were on the look out for one at the moment, can.t wait x:clapping:

donnahay0
22-08-2008, 04:22 PM
I have just had my conservatory finished - don't talk to me about cost - certainly wasn't a bargain but I love it.

We decided it wasn't going to be a playroom as we wanted the extra space to use for ourselves. I did come to an arrangement with dh though about having some clever storage - something that looks good but stores all the toys. Also I am making a hanging book holder that I can hand from the windows and have scatter cushions to make a lovely, cosey book corner. We have a sofa in there so it makes a really nice space. I am going to hang lots of things from the windows that can be taken down at the end of the day.

I got the storage from ikea and got their collapsable baskets for £10 each - they are quite sturdy and store lots of stuff. They fit nicely into the cube type storage I got and it looks really quite smart.

This room has been a godsend - and is always in use by somebody - the best thing we ever did. We spent a bit more money to put in underfloor heating as I really want to be able to use it all year round.

I wrote to Ofsted attaching a risk assessment to inform them of my intention to build a conservatory. They sent back a letter asking for confirmation when it was completed. Again I sent a letter telling them of completion with a new risk assessment and photos. I had a phone call from a really nice, friendly inspector who in on Wed next week just to check it (and nothing else) and then it will be ok to use for the children.

You will love having the extra space - ENJOY

Chimps Childminding
22-08-2008, 05:40 PM
I would love a conservatory - my whole house is slowly being taken over by toys, equipments and PAPERWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous of you all, just need to get the right numbers on a Saturday (or Wednesday) night - problem is i keep forgetting to buy a ticket :laughing: Oh well dream on Carolyn !!!!!!!!!!!!:D

LOOPYLISA
22-08-2008, 05:48 PM
I would love a conservatory - my whole house is slowly being taken over by toys, equipments and PAPERWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous of you all, just need to get the right numbers on a Saturday (or Wednesday) night - problem is i keep forgetting to buy a ticket :laughing: Oh well dream on Carolyn !!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Same here i may have a chance of winning if i actually buy a ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clapping: x