PDA

View Full Version : Childcare Register

Straws
21-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Hi all
Just reading the requirements for the childcare register, CR6.1 childminders must make arrangements with other childcare providers or with the parents for occasions on which the registered person is not able to provide childcare.

Do i have to get parents to sign that they will have to make there own arrangements when i am unable to provide care?

Straws xx

cher25
21-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Hi, i was wondering the same thing. The mindee's i have now, there parents are happy to try and arrange time of work themselves if something crops up with me and my term time mindee goes to her grans when i cant have her. But i doubt all parents will be that good.

Cher

Spangles
21-08-2008, 04:48 PM
I read that this afternoon and was wondering the same thing.

sarah707
21-08-2008, 05:06 PM
I have a sheet which parents sign after the initial meeting.

It lists everything we have discussed and is backed up by what is in my welcome booklet.

It has this as a point to discuss - I will not recommend another childminder, I have been let down in the past and I cannot guarantee they will have a space, so I explain this.

I don't feel I can do any more.

miffy
21-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Hmmm I don't know either - will the fact that you give parents say 4 weeks notice of annual leave be sufficient - I can't believe you will actually have to arrange alternative childcare.

Might be one where we have to wait and see what Ofsted are prepared to accept

Miffy xx

Minstrel
21-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Also in the case of your own illness are you going to be up to ringing around and worrying about sorting their childcare.
Or in the case of a personal emergency, you wont have the time or inclination to worry about them.

Nicki L
21-08-2008, 06:43 PM
so many grey areas!!:eek:

Chatterbox Childcare
21-08-2008, 07:59 PM
I give my parents lots of notice and then 6 weeks before ask who needs cover.

Most of the time the parents sort it themselves but occasionally a fellow minder helps. I have never been let down but only use those who are familiar with the children.

Debbie

LisaH
21-08-2008, 08:06 PM
I always give at least 4 weeks notice. I only have 1 parent anyway who requires alternative care and her dd goes to another minder (I sometimes do the same for her).
My other parents make own arrangements.
I don't think ofsted can really enforce this because for some of us it is almost impossible to find cover!!