PDA

View Full Version : College parent help pls/

Mollymop
21-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi all,

following on from my other thread.
The parent is going to be attending college and the college (?) pay for childcare.
Neither of us know how this works.
Do I get paid the money direct from the college or does she recieve it and then pay me? Also how often do they pay, is it monthly or weekly.
I am also concerned that I will have a long wait to receive my first lot of money - I don't mind getting it in arrears but I don't want to be waiting a month or more to get my payment.
Can anyone answers these Q's? Thanks xx

ruby
21-08-2008, 02:42 PM
don't know if it has changed but i use to fill in an invoice that the college gave the parents and then the parents would take it into college and then they would issue a cheque.

i had a supply of invoices so didn't have to wait for the parents to pick one up.

use to have them ready at the end of the month and then it would only be about a week and i had the cheque.

but be careful as the parents some times for got to hand it in and it would take a bit longer.

cathy

Pedagog
21-08-2008, 02:59 PM
A few years back I did a college course that paid for my childcare, the college paid the childminder directly.

PaulaR
21-08-2008, 03:06 PM
I received payment from college. It did take some tme for the money to come through as you invoice them and then they get the student to check the amount of hours and then they send you the check. I was lucky that it was only one day a week and although it was in arrears I did like the big check coming in, I did a month at a time.
The speed I think will depend on the mum and the admin at college.

elaineg
21-08-2008, 03:06 PM
I had a parent whos college paid me, but they were hopeless, I had to fill in a timesheet each month, which they were forever losing, and usually had to wait about 2 months for each cheque as two people had to sign for it and they never seemed to get together it was a nightmare, but that was probably just this college it was a small one connected to a school.

love Elaine XXX

Mollymop
21-08-2008, 03:20 PM
That's great thanks for your replies!

fionamal
21-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Last year I had a mum who was at college and the college paid me % directly and the parent paid me the balance.

LisaH
21-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Depends on the college really. I have been paid directly into my account for some and for others it is paid to parents and then they pay me!! Has always been paid on time tho without any probs.:)

manjay
21-08-2008, 08:37 PM
I have a parent at Uni and she gets paid by the college based on an estimate of what she will pay me. She gets the money termly in advance and then at the end of each term I complete a form for the Uni to confirm she is not claiming too much. She pays me like all my other parents on the 1st monthly in advance. The only time it has been late was in Jan when her money was advanced on the first day of term which was 7th.

I would say it varies from college to college

Mollymop
22-08-2008, 06:43 AM
Thanks very much, all xx

miffy
22-08-2008, 06:48 AM
Doesn't sound as though you'll have a problem with this Sandra but I'd ring the college and see what there arrangements are

Good luck

Miffy xx

angeldelight
22-08-2008, 07:00 AM
I have a parent who goes to college Sandra

I did speak to the college first and asked how they paid etc etc because I have had problems with them before

They send me a invoice and I have to fill it in for the month - then they take about 14 days to send me a cheque
Then I have to wait for the cheque to clear

So yes payments are late but I do know where I stand and they do always pay

They will not pay though if parent does not attend college

So into the contract I have put that any payments that college do not pay for then she must agree to pay
She agreed to this

Good luck

Angel xx

Nix
22-08-2008, 07:08 AM
I have at Mum at college and I am paid by 'Care to Learn'. Both mum and I complete a form and return it and I get paid in advance each month.

Nix,x

Straws
22-08-2008, 04:57 PM
My friend cares for a baby who's mum is at college, she gets paid monthly direct into her bank account, don't forget to add on extra money in your hourly fee to cover holidays as they wont pay you for holidays. My mate adds on a extra pound in her hourly fees to cover for loss of holiday pay

Straws xx

TRACEY1969
23-08-2008, 01:11 PM
it all depends on the parents age, if they are 20 years and under Care to Learn fund you and you do have to wait a few weeks to get paid but they will back track the money into you bank account then you get paid every month in advance after that. If she is over the age of 20 the college pay you. Our college pay 95% of the fee and the parents pays 5%. I add on extra money in my fee so the parents don't pay and for hols.

tulip0803
23-08-2008, 02:45 PM
I had one parent at college and I had to invoice the college and then they would issue the cheque. This was in arrears and there was a couple of times when I had to take the children to the college to hurry the cheque up as the college admin was awful. I did get paid the holidays from Sept-July they did not pay for the summer holiday but the Mum was on a one year course anyway so she finished before then.

Phone the college to find out what their procedure is

Mollymop
01-09-2008, 05:07 PM
I now know! The college have asked me to send in an invoice for £1300!! A terms worth of money. Gosh that is gonna be so hard to save :panic:
But at least i know that if she gives up college or she has a day off I will still have the money

PaulaR
01-09-2008, 06:14 PM
I have just signed a mum up who is paying with the care to learn package. I had never heard of it so its good to hear that it works. I was a bit nervous giving my bank details to a complete stranger but if you give someone a check it has the same details on it, so I'm sure there;s no need to worry

Rubybubbles
03-09-2008, 11:44 AM
I have just signed a mum up who is paying with the care to learn package. I had never heard of it so its good to hear that it works. I was a bit nervous giving my bank details to a complete stranger but if you give someone a check it has the same details on it, so I'm sure there;s no need to worry

I ahve just signed up to a care to learn parent. My ncma adviser said for me to get the parent to fill in all her stuff, get the college stuff filled, then I take it and fill out my details, and I'm to send it off for this reason! at least I know it'll make it:clapping:

glad there is good feedback about care to learn! I've been told they will back track, sept then from oct will be on 1st of the month in advance:clapping: