PDA

View Full Version : New mindee

maple
21-08-2008, 02:25 PM
I have had a new mindee do a visit today she's only one and so lovely, she was fine playing but when I started to feed her lunch she went and got upset and wouldn't eat. She has a few more visits before she starts so I am sure she will settle:)

Mollymop
21-08-2008, 02:33 PM
I hope she settles for you hun! What does her parents say about it?
Maybe she is a bit shy of eating with you, or she is having so much fun at yours she doesn't want to sit and eat.

I hope it works out, bet it will :thumbsup:

Alibali
21-08-2008, 06:13 PM
My latest mindee (18 months) did that for the first two weeks, I was gutted as all my other mindees are great eaters, and Mum told me she was too so I was really starting to get stressed, then after she settled in we've never looked back, she'll anything the same as the rest!!

Good luck

butterfly
21-08-2008, 07:03 PM
did you move rooms to eat? a new mindee of mine was absolutely fine until i suggested going to the kitchen for luch. he wouldn't sit at the table and got really upset. when i gave up and we went back to the playroom he was fine again just like a switch! i brought his lunch into the play room and he ate it fine!

obviously i wouldn't allow him to eat in the playroom every time but as he got used to me and the surroundings he was happy to eat in the kitchen. just an idea!

Minstrel
21-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Also if LO has a very structured routine around certain points of the day such as mealtime then she may have got very confused, suddenly remembered her home and mummy etc. i'm sure she will settle again very soon when it all becomes familiar to her.

Best wishes x

Chatterbox Childcare
22-08-2008, 05:16 AM
It is a change and mindee is protesting at being left.

Children never go hungry and mindee will eat - eventually.

Debbie