PDA

View Full Version : Emergancy Childcare website

berkschick
10-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Hi,

I came accross this website last night when looking for places to advertise.

http://www.emergencychildcare.co.uk/index/index.php

Has anyone ever used them? If so what did you think?

Love

Debbie

angeldelight
10-01-2008, 10:02 AM
I have used this website but sorry to say I have never had one call from it

I know some of the others have used it not sure if they have had any luck

Angel xx

Shirlwith3
10-01-2008, 10:03 AM
I too have registered with them but have not had any bookings so far.
Shirl

Blaze
10-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Same...also you have to be really careful to update your details...otherwise you could become double booked!
Tasha:)

nat1664
10-01-2008, 10:22 AM
I think Im going to give them a go :)

Nat

x

angeldelight
10-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Good luck let us know if you get any calls from this

Angel xx

berkschick
10-01-2008, 10:42 AM
I think I will give it a go then as I have quite a few spaces at the mo, nothing ventured, nothing gained! Lol

I have to wait for my NCMA membership to come through though cause you need your membership number to register.

Out of interest, what sort of prices did you charge when advertising on there?

Love

Debbie

kazza
10-01-2008, 10:48 AM
hi there kazza here,
yes i registered with emergency childcare last year but i haven't had any business or information from them at all

kazza:jump for joy:
Hi,

I came accross this website last night when looking for places to advertise.

http://www.emergencychildcare.co.uk/index/index.php

Has anyone ever used them? If so what did you think?

Love

Debbie

Lou
10-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Same as the others, i am registered with them, but have never had anything from it.

miffy
10-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Have never heard of this before but will bear it in mind for future

Thanks

Miffy xx

charleyfarley
10-01-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm also registered with them, had one email from a parent but nothing ever came of it, think she got in touch with several of us.

I do get a monthly email from them though to update my information

Carol xx

fionamal
10-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Ive been with them a year now and had nothing from them other than the monthly updates.

sarah707
10-01-2008, 02:22 PM
I think I remember there was a thread on this on the old forum - nobody had got any work from them.

Maybe they are just starting up and slowly putting things together... doesn't do any harm to give them your details I suppose... :D

ajs
10-01-2008, 02:25 PM
I have used this website but sorry to say I have never had one call from it

I know some of the others have used it not sure if they have had any luck

Angel xx

me neither although i suppose bigger citiy childminders are more likely to get soem work through them then small towns

Tily Bud
10-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Sorry ive never used it x

ruby
10-01-2008, 02:51 PM
sorry never heard of them

cathy

Spangles
10-01-2008, 03:16 PM
My details are on there and I've not had a call but then I'm not that keen because if someone enquires throught it you HAVE to take on their child don't you? Not keen on that so at the moment my entry says I'm completely full! Ha ha!

susi513
10-01-2008, 04:34 PM
You're right Lorri, thats why I don't like it. If they take a booking on your behalf they expect you to take the child - there is no way to check if the child's needs and parents' wishes are compatible with your service. I've had some bizarre requests from parents, knowing my luck I'd get booked by the lady who didn't want her baby taken out of doors EVER, on the same day as the child who will be bored and beat up the little kids unless he has a full day of physical activity, preferably outdoors. The child might have an epipen or other medical need I've had no training for.

I don't know if they've improved the site since I last asked but I wasn't able to put my vacancies on the site
- you could only put full day places. So although I've got lots of space for school children I can only offer before school OR after school different days, so I can't put any of these spaces on the site in case a parent wanted the opposite end of the day or the full day.
- you had to make a decision which age-group you put your vacancy in. For example if I already had 5 children age 6 I would still have one space that could be used by a child of any age. But I can't put a vacancy in each of the agegroups on the website. A parent of a child in a different age group to the one I selected wouldn't be able to find my vacancy.

This site seemed to me to be more geared to nurseries with specific spaces in specific "rooms" for different age groups. They tell me they regret its not flexible enough for my (childminding) needs. Disappointing that NCMA are plugging it but no sign of improvements on the site since it started.

Its a great idea but I think it needs improvement and parents are more likely to find CIS site before this one.

LittleMissSparkles
12-01-2008, 11:08 AM
I joinedit in June when i registered and have not had any bookings from it, have set my availability to zero now because you HAVE to take the booking if someone books through them and like has been said you do not know them from adam and dont know the needs etc, i dont know anyone who has had work from it, do get email regular to update numbers xxx

deeb66
12-01-2008, 05:02 PM
I have never tried them but do know minders who have and have never got any business from it.

I'm not sure I would want to do emergency cover unless I previously knew the child and they knew me as it could be very difficult.

Angela234
12-01-2008, 10:55 PM
I have been registered with them and never had any calls. i don't really expect to i'm thinking about taking my name off

Angela