PDA

View Full Version : September Topic

butterfly
21-08-2008, 02:16 PM
I will be starting in September with all NEW mindees aged between 9mths and 5 yrs. I was thinking of doing an 'All About Me' topic during this month. Can you think of any exciting activities to do with children - can be for any age group as i have them all at different times?

sarah707
21-08-2008, 02:35 PM
We usually put together an 'all about me' book for new children...

Photos, pictures, collages, lifesize models, decorating faces, emotions ...

Someone posted a useful website link for this the other day ... somewhere in activities I think :D

Schnakes
21-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Oooh - my favorite topic...so many things to do!

I made a massive poster display for each of the children to decorate...foot/hand prints, pictures of self/family (drawn and photos), cut out from catalogues of favorite toys/clothes, have the kids paint or draw pictures of each other or themselves, you can add on things for numeracy...for example, Im the tallest, oldest, my hands are biggest, I weigh this, you weigh that and so on. You could also have a display of the countries each child comes from and expand on that, (nursery rhymes, basic language, national landmarks and so on) ... ooh, I could go on all night! :thumbsup: You can meet each and every area of learning and development doing this subject, plus not only do the kids love it, the parents love it too...makes a nice change, lol!!!

Sx

Chatterbox Childcare
22-08-2008, 05:06 AM
Hi

I wouldn't be doing topics for the 9mths and won't the 5 year old be at school?

Debbie

Schnakes
22-08-2008, 07:34 AM
Debbie - everyone can get involved in this one. When I did mine my lot were between 6 months and 10 years old!! The babies one will mainly be done by you of course, but if you're anything like me, you'll love the chance to do a bit of arts and crafts lol!! I just missed out the bits like the catalogues.

Sx

NikNak
22-08-2008, 08:06 AM
This sounds great. You have given me some brill ideas and am going to plan now! Thank you.x

butterfly
26-08-2008, 09:17 PM
thanks for the ideas!! i have some large coloured paper which is shaped like jigsaw pieces. i was thinking of each child having a piece and doing stuff about themselves on it then we can put them together giving the idea that they are all inviduals but they are all part of Butterflies!! i did this at school with year 3 and they loved it!!

i think i'm going to get them to make a picture frame - the youngest can just 'play' with the paint on the paper and i will cut it into strips to make the frame, the older ones can stick stuff on their frames. then i'll put a photo of them or their family in it.

angeldelight
26-08-2008, 09:18 PM
That sounds lovely

Have fun

Angel xx