PDA

View Full Version : Organised Mum - what to get?

aims
21-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Does anyone have any of the Organised Mum (http://www.organised-mum.co.uk/) diaries/calenders?

I currently have the Home Planner and the Life Book in my cart and I can't decide which is best. I need it to be able to cope with me and my family (2 adults, 1 child) and childminding stuff.

If you have either, what do you recommend?

miffy
21-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Sorry I don't have either - they both look good but the life book is expensive.

I use a cheap diary from the works for minding notes and an ordinary calendar for family

Miffy xx

Minstrel
21-08-2008, 09:45 AM
I have a family calander divided into 5 columns one for each (2 kids 2 adults and one for misc like bdays etc.
Only cost me £6.99 from woolies.
they start selling them from beg oct for 2009

Gherkin
21-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Sorry have not got them but they look fantastic. The sort of organisers that I have always dreamed of.

Pedagog
21-08-2008, 10:04 AM
We have a Dodopad.

Dodopad Website (http://www.dodopad.com/pages/howto.htm)
The saying in this house is "If its not in the Dodo, then you don't Gogo" So they always make sure that they put in the dates, activities etc.

The kids love all the crazy illustrations, and often add bits to the pictures.

Tatia
21-08-2008, 12:05 PM
I find this chart a godsend when it comes to writing out our weekly schedule. I like it cos it's A3 and at a glance. Plus, it's reusable and thus, a greener option.

http://www.encourageandpraise.com/reward/weekahead.html

Other than that, I have a hard-bound A4 diary that I use for everything else and carry with me. Paid £2.50 for it at Asda, I think.

Willowdancer
21-08-2008, 12:10 PM
I have the Life Planner but to be honest it doesn't do a very good job at planning my life! :laughing:

I never use the tear-out side sections, although I find the actual diary is good as it has lots of room to write in, and the at-a-glance monthly planner is very useful. Plus the stickers are cute :rolleyes:

The main thing I hate about it is that there are certain sections that will hardly ever change for me (like the list of doctors telephone numbers etc) so would prefer something in a filofax format instead so I wouldn't have to keep writing things out again every time I got a new one.

Going to check out the other links that have been posted above to see if anything's any good, otherwise I might just go back to my old PDA phone which I can set up with Outlook and have it sync with my laptop.

PS: love the look of the Dodo Pad, especially the loose leaf version! Combine that with the diary stickers from Organised Mum and I reckon you're on to a winner :D

aims
21-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Thanks Ladies :)

I think I'm getting seduced by the pretty things and stickers, but also, really need a calender/diary now. Think I may have a look around and see what I can find.

Newbie - never seen dodopad's before, they look cool.

Amy x

Pedagog
22-08-2008, 07:51 AM
Dodopads are great, I have been using them for years.