PDA

View Full Version : cut hours

disney
21-08-2008, 07:17 AM
i have a mindee 14months only for weds and thurs from 7.30 - 1.15 , mum came yesterday & said that they have changed her hours at work and she woul;d work the whole weekend so would only need me thurs and not weds day :( but this amount of money is no good to me im afraid i have spent alot of time with the eyfs and money on resources it dont seem worth it . also have turned dowm full timer so i could fit him in :angry: as i really liked mum and shes a single parent only young 21 ( same age as my dd ) x

mimo
21-08-2008, 07:23 AM
thats a shame .I hope it all works out for you

katickles
21-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Could you not contact the parents of the full timer & arrange a visit? Maybe then apply to ofsted for a variation on the day you have this lo?? Don't know if thats worth a try?

Or maybe speak to the mum & explain that due to the EYFS that you need to impliment a minimum amount of hours (I know this has been mentioned on here before).

What ever happens, I hope that you manage to get something sorted out x

angeldelight
21-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Sorry to hear that

Hope you get some calls from new parents soon

Angel xxx

Pedagog
21-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Thats a pain I hope something else comes along soon.

Chatterbox Childcare
21-08-2008, 07:57 AM
I would speak to mum who is changing days and explain that your rate for one day is higher than do and therefore if the contract changes so will you rate. I charge £40.00 for a day

Good luck and I am sure something else will turn up too.

Debbie

disney
21-08-2008, 08:18 AM
i will talk with mum later as she did agree to my min hours of 10 to be paid ,i dont think i would want to ask ofsted for a varation for that day to be honest as i have a 9 month and 2year old plus him then another toddler and with the eyfs and im doing my nvq 3 so i have not got the energy :blush:

the mindee that need caring for is still avalible to me , but if she was able to to pay me for the contracted hours i would keep him also im pretty sure if he only comes for a few hours one day aweek he will cry as when he comes on weds he crys all the time but the next day he is ok , i think its because does not come for a while when he leaves hear thurs he does not come back another untill weds thats another 5 days :panic: its like hes forgot me again ifycwim x

Gherkin
21-08-2008, 08:36 AM
I have a similar issue, I took on a mindee from 2-5:30 3 afternoons aweek with the proviso that from Sept they had longer hours 12-5:30 - they have turned around this week and said that they just want to keep it to the original hours I am :angry: . I have turned people away because of this family and now enquiries have gone quiet!. Also the baby does not seem to settle anyway and grizzles constantly. Really sad about the whole thing.

haribo
21-08-2008, 09:14 AM
ive been minding a lo for 9 months while mum on mat leave with the understanding i was having the 2 los come sept. ive turned down 5 familys saying i was booked in sept.just as we finished for summer mum tells me grans helping out and they need me for one day only in sept. i terminated the contract , mainly due to an appalling attitude from them and them saying i only "assumed" i was having them for 4 days!! well yes i did assume. my mistake was to not specify on the temp contract how many days id be havig them.Before the mat leave id minded the lo for 2 years so it wasnt like a new family coming along that i didnt know much about. you live and learn i suppose, next time ill have everything wrote down, not that it can stop them changing there days i suppose.i just couldnt help thinking what theyd have done if i turned round and said they could oly have 1 day in sept :angry: :angry: sorry for ranting

haribo
21-08-2008, 09:14 AM
ive been minding a lo for 9 months while mum on mat leave with the understanding i was having the 2 los come sept. ive turned down 5 familys saying i was booked in sept.just as we finished for summer mum tells me grans helping out and they need me for one day only in sept. i terminated the contract , mainly due to an appalling attitude from them and them saying i only "assumed" i was having them for 4 days!! well yes i did assume. my mistake was to not specify on the temp contract how many days id be havig them.Before the mat leave id minded the lo for 2 years so it wasnt like a new family coming along that i didnt know much about. you live and learn i suppose, next time ill have everything wrote down, not that it can stop them changing there days i suppose.i just couldnt help thinking what theyd have done if i turned round and said they could oly have 1 day in sept :angry: :angry: sorry for ranting

haribo
21-08-2008, 09:16 AM
oops see how angry i am ive told you twice:blush: :blush:

disney
21-08-2008, 09:18 AM
but what i dont get is what is the point in doing a contract for so many hours when they can change it she has only been coming 2 months , he is hard work not his fault but hes always crying :( and mum is often late and says he needs breakfast and his nappy needs doing as she has just woke him up he then crys for the rest of the day :angry: and she pays me late , also this is the second time she has changed the contract . sorry for moaning x

haribo
21-08-2008, 09:28 AM
i agree disney it seems we dont have a leg to stand on o matter what the contract says. i would just say if its not worth you doin it then tell them. i too worked really hard for this family, lo came in his pjs every day in spite of mum being home! from now on im goin to expect a bit more respect for my situation and also im gonna but my business first. sorry but no ones walking over me again:panic: :panic:

kellyg
21-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Personaly I would say sorry its either those hours (or min of 10 - I too charge that) or you will have to terminate the contract, sounds like it is more hassle than it is worht, not many minders would take on what you have and I am sure something else will crop up soon - I charge one of mine a min of 10 hours even though some weeks I only have her about 5 - I dont refund or allow her more of the following week, I have to make a living too so if she is collected early, tough!

I have a full timer who's Mum is a teacher, I have her about 10 hours a day but her mum is looking to work closer, meaning the hours will be less, if they are then I will have to look to replace as I have turned down full timers and she is term time only - again I need money. Trouble is so many parents strike up a friendship with us and think they can take the mickey, its sooo hard to say no but just think, you are running a business, not a charity.....girl power ;)

Oh, she will be hard pushed to replace you as most will turn downn such little hours so she may as well stay where her LO knows you?