PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to let ofsted know?

tomthumb
10-01-2008, 07:33 AM
Morning!
Quick question, since I registered with ofsted and they did their pre-registration visit my situation has changed. I have had my baby and we have separated our living room in 2. My hubby built a wall so that we gained an extra room to use as baby's bedroom. I believe I need to let ofsted know but not too sure. If I do, do I just call them or do I have to write to them?

Also nothing to do with ofsted, but where do you store all your material, toys and books???? My house has been taken over!!! Not that I mind but it now looks more like a nursery than a house!!

Thank you for your help!!!

Elodie

sarah707
10-01-2008, 07:36 AM
I've just had a conservatory built :laughing: That's where it all goes!

Yes, if you make any major changes to your house, you need to inform Ofsted - 08456 404040 - they might want to come and inspect and see your risk assessment for the new area you are using to work...

Lucky you having a man who can build a wall! :D

miffy
10-01-2008, 07:42 AM
One of the drawbacks of the job is all the equipment, toys and craft stuff and where you put it!

I don't have a single room that doesn't have something to do with work in it. Great, if like Sarah and some of the others, you have a separate room.

I bought some units and boxes from Ikea to store toys in but still find childminding stuff takes over.

Miffy xx

tomthumb
10-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Thank you for the quick reply sarah! I will give them a call.
It does go in my conservatory as well but still there are stuffs everywhere!!! Maybe it is just my organisation skills...:laughing:
Chose my man carefully you see, he had to fulfill certain requirements like be able to build a wall ahah!! :jump for joy:

Tily Bud
10-01-2008, 07:46 AM
Hi

most of mine goes in my hallway as it is the kind of hallway that has no door at the end. I also have a big plastic walls store outside the back patio doors. This doesnt stop there being things in most other areas of the house though :rolleyes:

Cheryl x

tomthumb
10-01-2008, 12:45 PM
you all making me feel better. Mess is normal then!!!!!:clapping:

miffy
10-01-2008, 12:47 PM
you all making me feel better. Mess is normal then!!!!!:clapping:

Absolutely - part of life from now on!!!!

Miffyxx

Twinkles
10-01-2008, 12:53 PM
I am lucky enough to have a playroom but i still have childminding stuff all over the house. High chairs in the kitchen, spare car seats,craft stuff,double buggy in the hall cupboard, spare clothes,nappies wipes etc in the utility room. Yep I'm guessing mess is pretty normal for our job!

charleyfarley
10-01-2008, 01:07 PM
This is why I have now turned my dining room into a play/toy room as I was fed up of having toys everywhere and apologising to visitors about the mess.

It's mainly my own children that make the mess but at least now it's all contained in one room.

Double pushchair is still in the kitchen though

Carol xx

Mollymop
10-01-2008, 01:41 PM
I have a large under stairs cupboard in my lounge/diner and i am going to put all the tubs of toys and books, etc in there. Depending on the ages of the children i will get out what I need before they come and put it all away when they have left.

chubbymummy
10-01-2008, 01:46 PM
thankfully i have a play room, but there's minding stuff in other places too like high chair car seats etc etc.......

mess is part of life as a childminder!!!!!!

when visitors come at least i have an excuse for a messy house!!! lol

ajs
10-01-2008, 02:38 PM
I am lucky enough to have a playroom but i still have childminding stuff all over the house. High chairs in the kitchen, spare car seats,craft stuff,double buggy in the hall cupboard, spare clothes,nappies wipes etc in the utility room. Yep I'm guessing mess is pretty normal for our job!

sounds just like my house
i have a covered porch which has 3 buggies in and all wellies
2 high chairs in kitchen car seats everywhere
paperwork coming out of my ears
but i wouldn't want another job just less stuff

Spangles
10-01-2008, 03:42 PM
My stuff is everywhere too, it's very irritating! Hopefully we are getting a garage soon so a lot of the things in the shed that we don't use will be in there and the minding things will go in the shed as much as possible!

That's the plan anyway!