PDA

View Full Version : KUW

Mrs M
19-08-2008, 02:51 PM
Hello, I hope this doesn't sound silly! I am currently typing up obs and reports for parents for this month so far. I am up to KUW and a little stuck. The child I'm working on is 20 months. I have talked about Designing and Making in respect of the gluing and painting we do but I'm a little stuck on the rest of the aspects. Could anyone help break the aspects down a little for me in respect of such a young child?
Thanks and sorry if I sound a little silly!!!

maple
19-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Not sure if this help, but this is how I see it

Exporation and investigate
do they explore the enviroment e.g open and close door, press buttons

ICT
use toys that have remote or need a button to be pressed to set them of or a electrical keyboard. camera

Time
associating certain action with a routine e.g always wash hands before eating

Place
playing with small world toys e.g farm or trains

Communities
name their own cup. e.g xx cup or xx shoes. knowing that they are an indvidual and there are other as well:)

Pauline
19-08-2008, 06:40 PM
I'd also include Nature and the Outdoor World - Simple things for a 20 month old such as looking at insects in the garden, watching birds fly, feel and texture of grass as opposed to concete, feeling the rain or seeing it.

Not sure if that is what you meant :)

Pauline
19-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Forgot to say - No it doesn't sound silly - we are all thinking about EYFS at the moment and it's good to ask :thumbsup:

sarah707
19-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Love the photo!

If you look at pages 27 - 32 of that book you got the other day you should find lots of ideas! :D

Mrs M
20-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Thank you all so much.
Sometimes you just go blank!
Thanks to your replies I have managed to get the work done.

p.s. thanks Sarah!

sue m
20-08-2008, 09:22 AM
My mind is a permanent blank! I've said it for weeks, just when I think I'm doing ok, I read something on this site and go into panic mode again!

Pauline
20-08-2008, 11:50 AM
My mind is a permanent blank! I've said it for weeks, just when I think I'm doing ok, I read something on this site and go into panic mode again!

Sue - repeat after me D-O-N-T P-A-N-I-C! :D

There is no need we are all here to help. :)

Wiggly
20-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Love the photo!

If you look at pages 27 - 32 of that book you got the other day you should find lots of ideas! :D

Is this one of your books Sarah???

Great ideas ladies.

Wiggly
x

sarah707
20-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Is this one of your books Sarah???

Great ideas ladies.

Wiggly
x

Hi, yes, Emma got the 'Play and activities for under 3s' ebook the other day...

I've talked about each area of learning and development for little ones, not for planning as such cos you don't plan themes etc for under 3s, but for making sure you have an appropriate range of resources and for things to look out for in obs. :D